Our beautiful and inspiring four week, self-paced format walks every type of creative entrepreneur through the steps necessary to get their business up and running, the right way.
Do you dream of starting your own business, but don’t even know where to begin? Or did you throw down and start your own business, only to have that gut feeling you missed some critical steps? Does handling the administrative side of your biz make you want to hide in a corner?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, go ahead and breathe a sigh of relief. You’ve come to the right place. Our 4 week Ultimate Setting Up Shop course covers every single aspect of starting a new business, from general business setup and structure, to legal and accounting matters, to your perfect online presence and so much more.
The Ultimate Setting Up Shop Course is designed to be completed over 4 weeks and by the end of the course, you’ll have checked all the boxes for:
We designed this course for creative entrepreneurs, just like you! We know creative businesses are infinitely more successful when they make the ‘business side’ a priority.
Because we’re 100% dedicated to your business’s health and success, you won’t find any fluff here. Each week, we provide robust content with a smart task list to keep you focused, along with worksheets to work through the most difficult to-do’s. We walk you through every single step of the entire process….literally all you need is to get started!
Begin your business right: the Portrait Photography Starter Bundle combines three foundational products that set a standard for your success. The Pricing Guide for Portrait Photographers saves you money (while also making you profitable), by helping you know your business’s numbers; our Complete Legal Portrait Contract saves you headaches in the form of client disputes and business liabilities; and our Essential 1 Hour Portrait Workflow saves you time, often the most valuable weapon in a profitable portrait photographer’s arsenal. Start here, and start building a sustainable portrait studio.
New Interactive Adobe Acrobat PDF Included with the Complete Legal Portrait Contract: designed to empower your business even further, you can send the PDF straight to your clients to complete from the comfort of their own computer or mobile device, like their iPad or iPhone! No more messy paperwork or trying to figure out how to create an online web form for clients to use. Simply download, add your studio information in Adobe Acrobat (full tutorial included) and send off to be completed! It's literally as easy as 1, 2, 3.
*Header image shown at the top of the Complete Legal Portrait Contract is included as a stock image with download.
The Pricing Guide for Portrait Photographers:
• 70 page PDF document that covers an in depth review of REAL business numbers, explanations and examples of budgeting, calculations for determining your work time and paying yourself, pricing for your brand and your studio, and setting up a game plan
• Solid advice from top industry portrait photographers
• Smart worksheets to help you calculate your Cost of Goods, Time and Pay
• A budgeting worksheet guide to help you stay accountable to your business
• BONUS 20 page PDF document containing ready-to-use, brandable price lists for any business model
Complete Legal Portrait Contract:
• Customizable 3 page contract, with space for studio logo and contact information
• Clearly defined payment and fee guidelines for the client
• Expressed details that identify your studio rights and liabilities
• Session and production terms, to let clients know what they can expect during and after their portrait session
• Clear expectations of the client, including items like conduct guidelines and expected punctuality (and consequential delay fees
Essential 1 Hour Portrait Workflow: • 40 page PDF to help you streamline your workflow, command confidence from your clients and get back to doing more of what you love• 2 professionally crafted client correspondence emails for before and after your session
• Creating smart shooting and workflow habits to ensure simple and effective post production
• Sound advice for prepping, storing, and backing up your images
• Lightroom editing and enhancement walk-through
• Tips for Photoshop and blog image creation
• BONUS: Includes The 6 Essential Lightroom Presets to edit any portrait or session
Please Note: We supply the names of the fonts used, but .ttf files must be downloaded from other providers. See Usage for additional details.
• Guides can be read in Acrobat, Preview and any PDF compatible product, view the entire guides right from your hard drive or iPad for easy archiving and navigation
• Price lists & Contract are fully editable in Photoshop CS or newer and InDesign CS5.5 or newer
• Windows and Mac
It's Sellable: Equip yourself with a Mini-MBA in portrait studio numbers... this all-inclusive kit teaches you all you ever needed to know about costs, pricing and running the numbers side of the business. The worksheets easily guide you through understanding all the data behind your studio and will allow you to turn the corner to profitability.
It's a Time Saver: There is no greater lag in the production process than the endless hours can take to accomplish a single edit. Our Portrait Workflow helps you create a system that will improve your technical skills and decrease your average editing time. With a little practice, every part of your production will improve and in no time, you'll be turning-around portraits faster than you ever imagined.
It Shapes Your Image: The Complete Legal Portrait Contract is more than just protection*; it's a valuable, professionally written business tool that demonstrates intelligence and integrity, two intangible characteristics that foster lasting client relationships and position your studio as a professional, exceptional leader in your market.
*It is highly recommended to consult a lawyer prior to use to ensure you are covered under your local laws.
Have you been asked to shoot models and comp cards but aren’t sure where to begin? With our Models & Comp Cards kit, you’ll learn everything you need to expand your studio offerings and your portfolio too!
Learn from the industry’s hottest photographers about setting up shop, choosing lighting, wardrobe and locations, and help your clients grab their next ‘big break.’
Best of all, this comprehensive guide comes complete with bonus branded delivery packaging, including templates for head shot and comp cards, marketing reminder and informational session cards and DVD labels you can customize in a snap.
This all-inclusive beginner's kit is loaded with everything you need to hit the ground running in this exciting branch of business.
BONUS INCLUDED TEMPLATES:
• Tri-Panel Card for DVD Packaging
• DVD Label
• 5x7 Flat Marketing Postcard
• 5x7 Flat 'What To Expect' Postcard
• Customizable Branding Sticker
• Headshot Template in 8x10 & 8.5x11
• 4 Two-Sided 5.5x8.5 Comp Card Templates
• Guide delivered in 39 page PDF format, view right from your hard drive or iPad for easy archiving and navigation
• Included templates are fully layered Photoshop .psd files for unlimited customizations
• Designed using ProDPI's templates but can be customized to be printed at any lab
• Tri-Panel Card
• DVD Label
• 5x7 Flat Postcards
• Branded Sticker
• Headshot & Comp Card Templates (which can be printed at most professional labs)
Please note: You will need to install a few fonts to maintain the look of these templates. As always, we supply the names of the fonts used, but .ttf files must be downloaded from other providers. See Usage for additional details.
• Photoshop CS and newer
• Windows and Mac
It's Sellable: Start smart and grow your business without the guess work. This kit has a wealth of beginner information and guidance to get you started and optimize your shooting process and workflow. Best of all, our bonus delivery packaging and marketing templates will raise your image well above the competition.
It's a Time Saver: Save time that would otherwise be wasted researching and scouring the internet. We’ve collaborated with several top photographers in the field to compile a comprehensive knowledge that will prepare you for the model and comp card business. Additionally, we’ve taken the time and labor out of creating delivery packaging, marketing materials and cohesive branding by including pre-designed templates you can customize in a snap.
It Shapes Your Image: Shooting head shots and comp cards presents an opportunity to use your art to sell someone else’s art. With our gathered knowledge and spectacular templates, you’ll wow your clients with a thorough experience and cohesive branding. This kit can help you distinguish yourself, and your products, as the professional artist that you are.
Sometimes great things really do come in small packages. Perfect for clients on the go, Mini Sessions deliver a custom boutique photography experience without a huge time (or financial) investment. The Design Aglow Mini Session Guide includes step-by-step instructions to guide you through the entire process, from lighting, to handling clients, time squeezes, and session workflow.
With our Guide to lead your way, your studio can feature an entire year of gorgeous Mini Session events in five themes: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter & Anytime. Ideal for building buzz, bringing in new clients, and generating business during slower times of the year, our comprehensive Mini Session package will get you started as soon as you download!
• A thorough, 21 page illustrated guide that shares how to maximize your profits with mini sessions
• Tips for organizing your time and your day around your clients
• Ideas for engineering your workflow to deliver maximum returns for minimal effort
• Beautiful, customizable Mini Session marketing postcard templates that coordinate with each theme and get the word out to clients both old and new
• Lighting diagrams detailing the setup of ambient plus flash, studio lighting, or outdoors
• Workflow and marketing ideas and inspiration=
• Printable scheduling form template
• Bonus photography, style, safety, and marketing tips and shortcuts
Please note: We supply the names of the free fonts used, but .ttf files must be downloaded from other providers. See Usage for additional details.
Compatible with Photoshop CS and newer, InDesign CS4 and newer, Windows & Mac.
It's Sellable: Use the Mini Session Guide to create a system that works for you and your clients, and let our creative tools help you make a big impact. Book clients easily with the included professionally-designed marketing tools.
It's a Time Saver: Mini sessions might be abbreviated in length, but without proper planning they can easily be just as much work as a traditional shoot. This guide provides a simple approach to organizing your sessions and helps you create a manageable schedule that promises to maximize your time, while saving a tremendous amount of organizational effort.
It Shapes Your Image: The Mini Session Guide helps you craft a luxury boutique experience that will create a buzz in your community. Building business is about bringing in new clients; once they experience your minis, they’ll want to come back for more!