Our robust four week, self-paced system walks every type of creative entrepreneur through the steps necessary to get their business up and running, the right way.
Do you dream of starting your own business, but don’t even know where to begin? Or did you throw down and start your own business, only to have that gut feeling you missed some critical steps? Does handling the administrative side of your biz make you want to hide in a corner?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, go ahead and breathe a sigh of relief. Our 4-week program covers it all, from general business setup and structure, to legal and accounting matters, to your perfect online presence and so much more.
By the end of the course, you’ll have checked all the boxes for:
Creative businesses are infinitely more successful when they make the ‘business side’ a priority.
Because we’re 100% dedicated to your business’s health and success, you won’t find any fluff here. Each week, we provide robust content with a smart task list to keep you focused, along with worksheets to work through the most difficult to-do’s. We walk you through every single step of the entire process….literally all you need is to get started!
Launch your business right with the three foundational products that set a standard for your success. The Pricing Guide for Portrait Photographers, our Complete Legal Portrait Contract (includes paperless version) and the Essential 1 Hour Portrait Workflow.
The Pricing Guide for Portrait Photographers:
• 60 page PDF document that covers an in-depth review of REAL business numbers, budgeting, calculations for your salary and sustainable pricing
• Smart worksheets to help you calculate your cost of goods, time and pay
• A budgeting worksheet guide
• BONUS: brandable price list template
Complete Legal Portrait Contract:
• Customizable, robust 3 page complete legal contract
• Clearly defined payment and fee guidelines for the client
• Expressed details that identify your studio rights and liabilities
• Session and production terms, with what to expect
• All-inclusive details, including conduct guidelines and expected punctuality
Essential 1 Hour Portrait Workflow:
• 40 page PDF to help streamline your workflow and command confidence from your clients
• Client correspondence emails for before and after your session
• Smart shooting and workflow habits to ensure simple and effective production
• Tips for prepping, storing, and backing up your images
• Lightroom editing and enhancement walk-through
• BONUS: 6 Lightroom Presets for any portrait or session
Please Note: We supply the names of the fonts used, but .ttf files must be downloaded from other providers. See Usage for additional details.
• Guides can be read in Acrobat, Preview and any PDF compatible product, view the entire guides right from your hard drive or iPad for easy archiving and navigation
• Price lists & Contract are fully editable in Photoshop CS or newer and InDesign CS5.5 or newer
• Windows and Mac
It's Sellable: Equip yourself with a Mini-MBA in portrait studio numbers... this all-inclusive kit teaches you all you ever needed to know about costs, pricing and running the numbers side of the business. The worksheets easily guide you through understanding all the data behind your studio and will allow you to turn the corner to profitability.
It's a Time Saver: There is no greater lag in the production process than the endless hours can take to accomplish a single edit. Our Portrait Workflow helps you create a system that will improve your technical skills and decrease your average editing time. With a little practice, every part of your production will improve and in no time, you'll be turning-around portraits faster than you ever imagined.
It Shapes Your Image: The Complete Legal Portrait Contract is more than just protection*; it's a valuable, professionally written business tool that demonstrates intelligence and integrity, two intangible characteristics that foster lasting client relationships and position your studio as a professional, exceptional leader in your market.
*It is highly recommended to consult a lawyer prior to use to ensure you are covered under your local laws.
Mini sessions deliver a custom boutique photography experience without a huge time (or financial) investment. This guide includes step-by-step instructions to walk you through the entire process, from lighting, to working with clients, time squeezes, and session workflow.
Your studio can achieve an entire year of original mini events in five themes: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter & Anytime. Ideal for building buzz, bringing in new clients, and generating business during slower times of the year, our comprehensive package will get you started as soon as you download!
• A thorough, 20+ page illustrated guide that shares how to maximize your profits with minis
• Tips for time management and client organization
• Workflow to deliver maximum returns for minimal effort
• Beautiful, customizable marketing postcard templates to coordinate with each theme
• Lighting diagrams detailing simple setups
• Marketing ideas and inspiration
• Printable scheduling form template
• Bonus photography, style, safety and shortcuts
Please note: We supply the names of the free fonts used, but .ttf files must be downloaded from other providers. See Usage for additional details.
Compatible with Photoshop CS and newer, InDesign CS4 and newer, Windows & Mac.
Whether you’re brand new and just discovering that charging $50 for a portrait session is a terrible idea (don’t worry, many of us have been there, too), or you’re in year three and still struggling to create a sustainable pricing model, this course is for you.
This two-week course covers every single detail of determining fixed costs, cost of goods, your time and more. You’ll not only have a solid understanding of pricing and profit, but you’ll also have new prices in place to help you grow and sustain your business.
At the end of this crash course, you will:
Whether you’re brand new to photography—and you’re just discovering that charging $500 to shoot a wedding is a terrible idea—or you’re three years in and still struggling to create a sustainable pricing model, this course is for you.
Our innovative two-week crash course covers every detail imaginable for determining fixed costs, cost of goods, your time, and much more. You’ll not only have a solid understanding of pricing and profit, but you’ll also have a new price structure in place to ensure your business will flourish.
At the end of the crash course, you will: