Hello and welcome to The Simple Luxuries Album. Please take a moment to read this important information about your product. You will also notice that the PSD's appear to be blank. Don't worry, they're not! We've simply filled the top layer with white to help shrink the size for download. Simply open each psd file, delete the top white layer, and re-save.
FONTS: In order to maintain the look of the templates you will need to have the same fonts installed on your system as the ones we used in the design.
If you have a particular font(s) you use for your studio marketing material, you can certainly use them. The fonts we use in our designs are usually freeware or shareware fonts available for free on the internet. We cannot include the fonts in your download because they are protected under copyright. However you can download them directly from their creators. We find that if you type in the name of the font into your favorite search engine you will come up with several download sources.
USING THE ACTION TO INSERT YOUR IMAGES (IN PHOTOSHOP):
1. Open one of the PSD page layouts.
2. Load the “SIMPLE LUXURIES ALBUM.atn” from your download folder into Photoshop, and run the action that corresponds to the file you have open (PAGE 0203, PAGE 0405). The action will stop along the way and give instructions on how to proceed. You will resize the images on the fly when the action pauses.
3. Your images will now be inserted and the template will be ready to save.
INSERTING IMAGES BY HAND: Inserting your own images into the templates is very easy. Perform the following steps:
1. Select the image layer you would like to populate in your LAYERS palette. (Likely called “IMAGE LAYER”)
2. Open your image and drag it onto the template using your MOVE tool (Keyboard shortcut “V”)
3. Click on the tiny black triangle in top right of your LAYERS palette to pull up the drop-down menu and choose “Create Clipping Mask”.
4. Use the FREE TRANSFORM tool (Keyboard shortcut Control+T) and drag in the corners of your image to position it correctly within the frame. Remember to hold SHIFT while you drag to constrain the proportions.
5. Press Enter to apply the transformation. Repeat this step with any subsequent images.
Lastly, remember to turn of the NUMBERS layer.
CHANGING COLORS: Changing the color of the design elements and background is very simple. Here's how:
1. Choose the design element layer or background layer in the Layers palette. If you cannot see the Layers palette, click the “Window” drop-down menu at the top of your screen and choose “Layers”.
2. Now, double-click the small box of color next to the name of the layer.
3. Choose the new color when the dialog box appears.
4. Click “OK”.
For layers that are non vector, we suggest adding a Hue/Saturation layer using the following steps:
1. Click on the circle that is half black and half white at the bottom of your layers palette and choose Hue/Saturation from the drop down menu.
2. Right click the layer that was created (called "Hue/Saturation") and choose "Create Clipping Mask".
3. Double click the black/white circle next to the layer name and adjust the Hue slider to modify the color.
PRINTING YOUR ALBUM: We have designed these templates to be used with WHCC's ( www.whcc.com ) 10x10 hinged lay flat press printed album. If you currently use ProDPI the templates are 100% ready to go. Don't worry, however, if you use another lab as the album can be printed easily with your favorite printer. Remember that each lab is different, so be absolutely sure that you contact them for their specs and color profiles prior to submitting your files. When you have your lab's sizing and submission guidelines, you will need to transfer the designs to their templates before printing them.