The year is coming to a close and January is right around the corner. You may be tempted to find a cave and hibernate for the winter, but we promise you’ll be so much happier in the long run if you spend a week or two getting organized, inspired and ready to make 2017 your best year yet!
We’ve rounded up our top ten photography products for 2017, so you can spend less time looking for the perfect tools and more time setting up new best practices before busy season comes back around.
1. Big Picture Planner - Get a head start on being proactive and 100% organized for 2017. We believe that turning goals into actionable accomplishments can be easy, fun and beautiful. So we created a simple and effective system for getting things done. The Big Picture Planner helps you organize your workflow, marketing campaigns, social media goals, blog analytics and so much more. Best part: the fillable dates mean that you can start using it on any day of the year. So why not today?
2. Fundy Design & Direct - Create gorgeous albums in less time than you’ve ever imagined! It’s fast, it’s easy and gives you the ability to design albums before you finish that first cup of coffee. Bonus: Design Aglow Albums are now available for ordering through Fundy Direct. Simply design your album in minutes and click “order.” Learn how to use Fundy Direct here.
3. Holdfast MoneyMaker & Camera Leash - we can’t even contain the mad love we have for Holdfast & creator, Matthew Swaggart. The MoneyMaker was designed purely to make photographers’ lives (and backs!) better by giving you immediate, easy access to two camera bodies at one time (not to mention you look sleek & pro also). If you don’t love wearing something around your neck or back, the camera leash wrist strap is a great alternative. It’s non-invasive, looks hip, and also pulls tight to secure your camera to your wrist should it accidentally slip or drop (but it would never, right?).
4. 2016 AGLOW Magazine Collection - Each volume of AGLOW Magazine is loaded with fresh features, innovative ideas, solid business advice and stories of creatives that will inspire you in your own business. AGLOW is a keepsake luxury publication you will want to keep on your coffee table and enjoy for all of 2017. Use this gift code to save 20% on a 4 volume set: TOP10.
5. Animoto Pro subscription - Have you seen their new new Marketing Video Builder? Now you can create incredible videos that include voice overs, text and collages to market your business. It’s a game-changer! A Pro subscription to Animoto includes commercially licensed music and high definition output, a combination that will help you create high quality videos every time.
BONUS for Design Aglow customers: apply code AGLOW2016 during checkout to receive 20% off Animoto Professional*
*New subscribers only. Promo ends on January 30th, 2016
6. Filmborn - This one you may have heard of already, as it’s taking the iPhone app store by storm, but it bears repeating. Created by Mastin Labs, a company that makes Lightroom presets that emulate (perfectly, we might add) the look of film stocks like Fuji Pro, Ilford B&W and Kodak Portra. Best of all, the app is free. There are $7 worth of in-app add-ons available for purchase, but totally worth it if you’re looking to match your iPhone editing to your SLR images.
7. The Ultimate In-Person Sales Course - Have you been itching to switch to In-Person Sales but have no idea where to start? It’s time to take charge and create a sustainable photography business that’s built on creating custom products for your clients and providing high end customer service that will change the way you run your business forever. Make 2017 the year you transition your photography business to IPS, transform the way you interact with clients, and increase your bottom line significantly.
Our Gift to You: Purchase by December 31st, 2016 and receive $100 off the 4-week course with code: MOREIPS2017
8. Sprout Studio - Every successful photography business needs a studio assistant to help manage calls, emails, client workflow, contracts, invoices...you get it. Luckily, Sprout Studio has created an all-in-one platform to help you consolidate your workflow and get back to doing what you love, for the fraction of the cost of hiring an assistant IRL. Check them out with a 21-day, no credit card required trial today. As a bonus just for Design Aglow customers, get 30% off your first 3 months when you subscribe! No code necessary, the promotion will automatically apply.
9. Wacom tablet *prime delivery! - If you’ve never used a Wacom tablet, prepare to be amazed. We love it because it reduces the amount of stress on your hand and wrist, gives you better control with it’s pressure sensitive tip and reduces the amount of time it takes to retouch images because it allows for a more natural motion than a mouse. Anything that reduces editing time is a must-have in our books.
10. Studio Success Guide: How to Multiply Your Sales With a Size Sample Wall - completely FREE for newsletter subscribers. A size sample wall shows your art to scale and makes a case for bigger=better without any pitch or pressure. In our 8-page guide, we break down our tried-and-true method on presenting sizes simply to sell more large scale art than ever before. We also include a bonus .PSD template to help you lay out your own size sample wall images. Subscribe now & grab yours for free:
With so much goodness in one post, you may be a little overwhelmed right now. Instead of jumping in and trying to tackle everything at once, we suggest starting with the Big Picture Planner so you can make a plan to incorporate all your new tools. #BringItOn 2017!
Who would we be without mom?
With less than a month between now and Mother’s day, it’s time to start helping your clients find the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Here are 3 easy tips to show mom how amazing she is (while making some extra moolah)
When you think of a photo frame, chances are you think of a traditional wood or metal frame and a glass pane. It’s what you’d probably find on the walls at your parent’s house. Glass provides us a crisp and clear viewing experience, which made it an industry standard for years. But there’s a new kid in town that we’d like to introduce you to acrylic.