We’re huge fans of albums over here at Design Aglow. Maybe you’ve realized that by now. We believe that photos are created to be printed, and albums are the perfect place for clients to display all their favorite images from a session and enjoy for generations to come. Finding a budget-friendly yet high quality album option to offer can be a challenge, but we’ve done the hard work for you. We’ve found the perfect affordable album for any type of session or event… the Press Printed Album by ProDPI. Keep reading to find out ten reasons we love press printed albums more than press printed books.
1. Affordability - Cost is an important factor when choosing products to sell to clients. ProDPI’s press printed albums are a super affordable option for portrait session albums and cost only slightly more than their press printed books.
2. Better quality - When you look at a press printed book and a press printed album side-by-side, there’s no question about quality. The press printed album has a premium look and feel to it from the cover to the pages to the overall heft and weight of the album.
3. Thick pages - Thin, magazine style pages are great for certain situations, but we love love love gorgeous, thick pages that won’t tear or get bent and that’s exactly what you’ll find in the press printed albums.
4. Endpapers - We like the blank black page endpapers in our books, but now we have two styles to choose from! The substantial, heavyweight white endpaper option in the press printed albums are perfect for lighter layouts. It’s amazing how such a small detail makes a huge difference in presentation and value.
5. Full spreads - We love the option of designing our albums in full spreads instead of starting and ending with a single page. We enjoy the feeling of opening an album to a full spread of gorgeous images.
6. Paper options - With the press printed albums, you can choose from three different paper options: smooth matte, linen or stipple. All three paper options are incredibly gorgeous, but smooth matte is our favorite and super easy to sell over and over again.
7. Layflat pages - Both the press printed book and the press printed album offer layflat pages, but the pages in the book require a plastic hinge to make them lay flat. The press printed album pages are bound in a traditional flush mount style for a finished artisan look that will blow you away.
8. Album thickness - Because the pages in the press printed album are thick, the album itself ends up being much deeper than a press printed book of the same number of pages. Side-by-side, a 20 page press printed album looks much more substantial than a 20 page press printed book, leaving no doubt in our minds that the quality difference will translate into a significantly higher sales price.
9. Size options - The press printed albums are offered in 12 different sizes, ranging from 5x5 to 11x14. We recommend offering 2-3 larger sizes to increase your sales. Larger size albums are perfect for the main album and the 5x5 clone album is a perfect add-on for gifts.
10. Durability - The press printed albums are much more durable than press printed books thanks to their thick pages. They will stay in fantastic shape for years, even with lots of handling, which makes them perfect for your clients and as a gift for vendors that refer business to you.As you can see, there are so many reasons we love ProDPI’s press printed albums. The quality is fantastic, the price is affordable and the perceived value is high. But the best thing about ProDPI’s press printed albums is that your clients can’t get them and your competitors probably don’t know about them. There are many consumer sites that offer photo books that are similar to ProDPI’s press printed books, but there’s no one out there offering anything close to their press printed albums. When you offer products that your clients can’t get anywhere else, they will happily purchase them from you!
We’re having a huge sale on all of our almost perfect Big Picture Planners! Huzzah!
But wait. What does “almost perfect” mean? Well, these are the planners that have teeny tiny aesthetic defects. Don’t worry! They haven’t been totally wrecked, they just have small ink marks or scratches that occurred during transit to our office. You can see images of these small damages below.