Having a successful phone consultation is the BEST way to get your potential client committed to invest, connected to your luxury boutique brand, and excited to book with you! Here are our top 10 tips for success. Download your FREE full guide and phone script here. Created for Design Aglow by contributor Megan DiPiero.
1.You have two ears and one mouth so listen twice as much as you talk.
2. Smile first. Always smile before you talk.
3. Never focus on price. Talk about your sessions and products.
4. Questions, questions. It's about them, not you. Ask the right questions and genuinely care about what they have to say!
5. Weave into the conversation: website, style, family, products.
6. Most clients have not thought about products. This is where we get to shine as trusted advisors and open them up to new possibilities.
7. Help make this easy for your clients (and for you) by having a planning session prior to the shoot.
8. Model your phone consultations with a service-focused, active-listening approach.
9. Confidently present the products that are right for your clients at the prices that are right for your profitable business.
10. Practice and polish your approach at every opportunity. You will be fantastic!
The turquoise waters of the Bahamas, the dramatic Rocky Mountains, the vistas of Iceland- endless romantic images pop into our minds when we think of destination weddings. And that is why, almost every wedding photographer at some point wants to give them a go.
So we’re going to tell you how to find them, book them, and prep for them.
The formula is simple.
clients you love + photography you are excited about + doing it your way = happy photographer
We think a shift should be made in photography. A happiness shift. You likely got into photography because you love taking photographs. And then the reality of making a living at it started to creep in, and you became bound to jobs you didn’t really want to do, because you needed the money. We’ve been there, and yep, it stinks.