Hello. We’re Design Aglow, a little company with giant ideas. Since 2006, we’ve been an industry leader in design resources and educational products for the success of professional portrait and wedding photographers. Our team has created 350+ products that help photographers shine, and we’re in a long-term growth cycle that includes two internationally published books in partnership with Random House and online wholesale frame, paper and album shops to serve our customer base of 40,000+ professional photographers. Innovation is a team constant, and we’re always seeking (and developing!) the industry’s next big thing. Our Graphic Designers work with our team of writers, marketing managers, strategists, and business developers to create unique products that help photographers to succeed. Our Graphic Designers must be self-motivated, capable of taking an idea for the product from the creative team and giving it a unique design style and layout with minimal creative direction. Staying well-researched and up-to-date on current trends in art and design is a must. The work will reflect a modern style, as well stay true to the Design Aglow track record of setting the trends in the design industry for photographers.
• Designing and laying out Design Aglow products, including Marketing Suites, Welcome Packets, Card Sets, Album Designs, Educational Guides and much more
• Creating and maintaining a consistent look and level of quality across all products and company collateral, online and printed
• Developing design concepts and ideas for new products
• Staying on deadline for all design projects
Required Qualities and Characteristics:
• Degree in graphic design with strong design portfolio
• Extensive experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator (Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Final Cut are a plus)
• Ability to illustrate original, professional vector elements
• A thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing
• A solid understanding of best practices for web and print design
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently with attention eye for detail
• Ability to take constructive criticism and be willing to change a concept quickly if a design needs a new direction
• Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, with a high level of creativity and entrepreneurship
• At least 1 year of relevant experience
• Experience in web design a plus
Our office is in Southeast Portland and applicant must be local. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch within 2 weeks if we think you are a good fit. No calls, please.
Letting your clients know you’re worth it, and setting early expectations for a fantastic experience.
Welcome packets set the scene for a boutique photography experience and position you as the premier studio in your market. Do you crave this type of bespoke presentation for your art and brand but don’t know where to begin? If that’s the case, let us help you. There are so many benefits you can gain from utilizing welcome packets, and you can absolutely use them to elevate your business.