Hello. We’re Design Aglow, a little company with giant ideas. Since 2006, we’ve been an industry leader for information, education, and templates created for the success of professional portrait and wedding photographers. Our team has created 300+ products that help photographers shine, and we have begun a long-term growth cycle that includes two internationally published books in partnership with Random House and an online wholesale frame, packaging and album lines to serve our North American market. Innovation is a team constant, and we’re always seeking (and developing!) the industry’s next big thing. At Design Aglow, the entrepreneurial and artistic spirits coexist, with one always pushing the other to new heights. Our success revolves around a collaborative environment, the happy flow of minds working together on projects that make a difference in photographers’ lives. Our team needs a freelance Lead Writer & Marketing Expert for our new Portland office who can thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. You should have excellent communication skills, be able to juggle several different jobs at the same time, and be able to make decisions on the fly. The variety of the work on a day-to-day basis recommends this job to people with strong work ethics, organizational abilities, a creative sensibility, and a love of growth. This job is likely to become a permanent position for the right candidate! We strive to maintain an open and creative work environment where everyone has the ability to voice opinions and affect company strategies. Our growth is a direct result of consistently setting trends (rather than following them) and growing a strong team of dedicated, passionate employees.
Freelance Writer & Marketing Expert: For our community of over 25,000 photographers, we’re always ready with a wise word, a kind thought, or a gesture of (gentle) tough love. Our success revolves around a collaborative environment, the happy flow of minds working together on projects that make a difference in photographers’ lives. As our Lead Writer, you would be an integral part of this team, largely responsible for Design Aglow’s editorial direction. It’s a big responsibility, but we think you’re up to the task. Want to hear the rest of the job description? The Lead Writer is responsible for content creation for the Design Aglow brand, which includes products, marketing, some social media, and web content. For projects outsourced to freelancers, the Lead Writer is responsible for providing the initial creative brief and ongoing direction, as well as overseeing the content creation process from beginning to end. The Lead Writer will be working in a creative environment with our Portland team. We are searching for candidates who are both idea AND detail people, self-motivated, capable of crafting ideas for content and immediately implementing them. The Lead Writer must also stay well-researched and up-to-date on current trends and issues in photography and business. Their work must reflect the Design Aglow voice, as well as inspire, educate, and help determine the direction of the entire industry.
• Creating and managing an editorial calendar
• Writing timely blog content, which includes interviews and longer educational/motivational articles
• Sourcing motivational contributors Design Aglow products and blog features
• Crafting social media content using current SEO best practices
• Discovering sharable/pinnable content that has viral potential
• Writing product descriptions
• Composing company communications
• Contributing product ideas and subsequent product copy
• Envisioning contest/creative innovative marketing ideas
• Writing press releases & researching possible media pitches
• Managing and commissioning freelance contributors to create content for products
• Editing and polishing content produced by the Design Aglow team
Required Qualities and Characteristics:
• Degree in English, journalism, marketing or other related subject with strong writing portfolio • Knowledge of and experience in the photography industry
• Knowledge and understanding of current SEO best practices
• A solid understanding of composing content for both print and web
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently with an eye for detail
• Ability to take criticism constructively and be willing to change a concept quickly if a piece needs a new direction
• Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced team environment, with a high level of creativity and entrepreneurship
• At least 2 years of relevant experience
Our office is in the SE District of Portland, OR. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2014. We look forward to hearing from you!
Letting your clients know you’re worth it, and setting early expectations for a fantastic experience.
Welcome packets set the scene for a boutique photography experience and position you as the premier studio in your market. Do you crave this type of bespoke presentation for your art and brand but don’t know where to begin? If that’s the case, let us help you. There are so many benefits you can gain from utilizing welcome packets, and you can absolutely use them to elevate your business.