At Design Aglow, we are always looking for new inspirations, and thought it would be fun to share the products, templates, and inspiration we're loving at the moment. What better way to end the week than to learn about something exciting or discover your new favorite gadget? Join us on Pinterest, if you haven't already, to stay updated with industry related pins, motivational quotes and everything that inspires us!
Our Friday Favorites:
1. Holga 35mm camera- Urban Outfitters -Â With film being all the rage right now, you can pick up one of these for an affordable price and see why everyone is loving the quality of catching moments on film.
2. Our very own Interactive Guest Book KeepsakeÂ - We love how this album gets clients engaged in creating a memento that they will cherish forever. From wedding couples, to baby showers to seniors and more. Keep an eye out for a new color palette and design tweaks, hitting the blog and shop soon!
3. The Tokyo Dreamer Camera Strap - Photojojo Store - Add a little flair to your gear by grabbing one of these Dreamer straps, which even includes an extra pocket for film or additional memory cards.
4. Garden stools - Various retail stores -Â A Garden stool is a classic piece that adds style to any space. Use it to add a pop of color, or even as a prop during a photo shoot (seen here with our Studio Look Book).
5. Photo Overlays: The Small World Collection - Embellish the precious portraits of your clients' little ones with the addition of our versatile and stunning baby overlays.
6. Food trucks!Â The one featured here was spotted during Design Aglow's trip to Portland, and we couldn't help but capture it with Instagram. If you aren't following us on Instagram yet, be sure to check us out by searching @DesignAglow or hashtag #designaglow and see all of the behind the scenes with the Design Aglow team!
7. Â CitiBIKE series - Biria - Who doesn't love a teal bike? Grab a water and your camera to take a local adventure, or use it as a cute photo prop for that engagement session you've been brainstorming.
8. Â Turquoise baby blanket - image courtesy of Christine Desavino - having a few colorful blankets around for a newborn sessionÂ can add just the right touch to an image. It's a sweet and genial color that any mother is sure to love.
Presenting finished artwork as samples is hands-down THE best way to showcase the value of your work to your clients as well as sell more products. But what can you do if you don’t have any aspirational images of your framed wall art, albums, folio boxes and other offerings to showcase? That’s where we come in.
Let's face it, we've all gotten that email that asks us if we offer holiday/off-season/Sunday/dog's birthday discounts. As a girl who loves shopping clearance racks, I get it, I love me a good sale... but always being asked to discount your prices can be disheartening and devaluing as a creative. We already struggle with putting a price on our art, how the heck are we going to make any money if we don't charge profitable prices.
Or, 5 easy ways to create lifelong clients and increase your sales.
You’ve read all the books. You’ve surfed the whole ‘net. But you are still having a hard time convincing clients to spend their hard-earned dollars. They keep opting for your less expensive products, smaller sizes, or “just a few prints.” You’re about to throw your hands up in the air and say, “I give up!”