After the launch of Design Aglow's highly successful Inspire Me Cards: Families Posing Guide, our readers are ready for more. Many of you have written us and requested a guide completely devoted to creative poses and session ideas for large family groups (of 8 or more) and we are more than happy to deliver. In addition to our own stock of beautiful large family group poses, we are looking for input from our lovely Design Aglow readers. Your images will help us deliver what we wish to be the most unforgettable and inspirational bank of large family group posing ideas yet.
What We Need: We are looking for extremely creative, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire them at future large or extended family sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you got! The following are the types of images we need most to make this guide the best it can be:
• Large family groups or extended family with 8+ subjects in the image
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subject interacts with her surroundings;
• New takes on classic posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• Stylish looks, ideas for keeping style timeless and classic with consideration for palette and scenery
What You'll Win: If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit (for each photo we feature) and a free copy of the final guide to get yourself inspired too!
Some Rules: Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have created each photo that you enter personally, hold the legal copyright, and have a valid model release for each client that appears in the photos you enter.
• You must complete all information on the contest's entry page to be eligible to win.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5x7 @ 300dpi, please no web-sized images.
• If you are submitting more than one image, please group all of your images into ONE folder titled YOUR NAME. Then create a zip file of the folder and upload the zip file.
Enter here before August 31, 2012 at Midnight EST. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entry!
Hi! Tell us a little bit about yourself. What was your road like to becoming a photographer?
Hello! I am a portrait photographer based south of Boston, MA. My passion is capturing mothers and their growing families. Maternity and newborn portraits are the foundation of my business, and I also capture baby milestones, children, and families. Fun fact: I returned the diamond earrings my husband bought me for our first Christmas as a married couple to buy a digital camera.
When I was in college, I had a friend who was a professional photographer. The first time I went to her home, I walked in to find stunning photographs of her children on the walls.
There was a huge canvas in their living room and a creative photo display in the main hallway. I remember being so moved by the beauty of those images, thinking to myself, “I want to create images like this!” I bought myself a DSLR as a graduation present, learned photography from online courses and started my photography business about a year later.