We are so excited to announce our First Annual Video Contest, and want YOU to be the star of our production.
This is a call for a 10-20 second video submissions. Tell us what you love about Design Aglow, and your video could chosen as part of our first ever fan created collaboration, which will be seen by thousands of photographers, worldwide.
Our very favorite video will win a GRAND PRIZE gift certificate to the Design Aglow shop in the super mega amount of $350! But that's not all.... every single video we feature will receive a Design Aglow gift certificate for $25.Â Why a video you ask?Â Well, as much anyone loves a good pat on the back, we designed this contest to be a creative alternative to market research.Â Since spreadsheets and surveys aren't our style, we've decided to gather our customer reviews in a fun, interactive way.
Tell us what Design Aglow means to you, so we can continue creating products you love.
GET STARTED ALREADY!1. Create Your Video:
Start by stating YOUR NAME and STATE or COUNTRY. Next, answer the following TWO questions:
• What do you love most about Design Aglow?
• What is your favorite Design Aglow product, and why? (Be specific. For Example: How has it saved your time, impacted your studio's success or made you look great in front of a client?)
2. Upload Your Submission HERE:
• Title your completed video like this: YOURNAME.mov
• Zip your video and upload it to this link
• Length: under 20 seconds
• Format: .MOV (H.264) file
• Size: HD minimum 1280 X 720
• Upload size: Must be under 10MB
• Sound: Find a quiet space; try to eliminate background noise. (Be mindful of appliance like A/C and refrigerators, which create a lot of white noise.)
• Lighting/Environment: Please record against a solid white background, with natural light if possible.
• DSLR (If your DSLR has an HD Video capabilities)
• Video Camera
• Web Camera
• Iphone (Horizontal mode only)
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
• Appropriately Answers Question: 50%
• Creativity: 25%
• Entertaining: 15%
• Film Quality: 10%
* One submission per person. Please follow ALL rules carefully, or we will be unable accept your video.
THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER & ALL HONORABLE MENTIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FACEBOOK: JUNE 14TH - GOOD LUCK!
As an artist, creating personal work is vital. With no deadlines, rules, timelines... there is only your creative medium and your mind. Jacob will demonstrate how act of creating personal work is where new ideas and directions are born, shaping future client work or even more personal work. He will inspire you to explore your imagination to open up new creative directions we didn’t even realize we had within us. Exploring personal work is allowing our minds be free and encouraging our imagination to be turned all the way up. Jacob will inspire you to turn it on and turn it up.
I recently travelled to Banff, Alberta on a spontaneous trip with another filmmaker, Mike, and we spent one week exploring around the national park. The trip was planned a week before we left. My friend flew from LA and met me in Vancouver and we began our 10 hour road trip.I recently travelled to Banff, Alberta on a spontaneous trip with another filmmaker, Mike, and we spent one week exploring around the national park. The trip was planned a week before we left. My friend flew from LA and met me in Vancouver and we began our 10 hour road trip.
What we do, as photographers, matters; and it matters a lot. What do people want to save when a house is burning down, being overtaken by a flood, or threatened by a tornado; what is the one possession people always hope to grab? Their photos; their irreplaceable family memories. Memories matter, and it's up to us as photographers to make sure that we capture their best selves. How do we do that? The experience.