We are so excited to announce our First Annual Video Contest, and want YOU to be the star of our production.
This is a call for a 10-20 second video submissions. Tell us what you love about Design Aglow, and your video could chosen as part of our first ever fan created collaboration, which will be seen by thousands of photographers, worldwide.
Our very favorite video will win a GRAND PRIZE gift certificate to the Design Aglow shop in the super mega amount of $350! But that's not all.... every single video we feature will receive a Design Aglow gift certificate for $25.Â Why a video you ask?Â Well, as much anyone loves a good pat on the back, we designed this contest to be a creative alternative to market research.Â Since spreadsheets and surveys aren't our style, we've decided to gather our customer reviews in a fun, interactive way.
Tell us what Design Aglow means to you, so we can continue creating products you love.
GET STARTED ALREADY!1. Create Your Video:
Start by stating YOUR NAME and STATE or COUNTRY. Next, answer the following TWO questions:
• What do you love most about Design Aglow?
• What is your favorite Design Aglow product, and why? (Be specific. For Example: How has it saved your time, impacted your studio's success or made you look great in front of a client?)
2. Upload Your Submission HERE:
• Title your completed video like this: YOURNAME.mov
• Zip your video and upload it to this link
• Length: under 20 seconds
• Format: .MOV (H.264) file
• Size: HD minimum 1280 X 720
• Upload size: Must be under 10MB
• Sound: Find a quiet space; try to eliminate background noise. (Be mindful of appliance like A/C and refrigerators, which create a lot of white noise.)
• Lighting/Environment: Please record against a solid white background, with natural light if possible.
• DSLR (If your DSLR has an HD Video capabilities)
• Video Camera
• Web Camera
• Iphone (Horizontal mode only)
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
• Appropriately Answers Question: 50%
• Creativity: 25%
• Entertaining: 15%
• Film Quality: 10%
* One submission per person. Please follow ALL rules carefully, or we will be unable accept your video.
THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER & ALL HONORABLE MENTIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FACEBOOK: JUNE 14TH - GOOD LUCK!
The turquoise waters of the Bahamas, the dramatic Rocky Mountains, the vistas of Iceland- endless romantic images pop into our minds when we think of destination weddings. And that is why, almost every wedding photographer at some point wants to give them a go.
So we’re going to tell you how to find them, book them, and prep for them.
clients you love + photography you are excited about + doing it your way = happy photographer
We think a shift should be made in photography. A happiness shift. You likely got into photography because you love taking photographs. And then the reality of making a living at it started to creep in, and you became bound to jobs you didn’t really want to do, because you needed the money. We’ve been there, and yep, it stinks.
Here’s a saying we find really annoying:“do what you love, and the money will follow.”Umm, nope. If we asked every photographer out there if they are working hard, they would say yes. But if we asked every photographer out there if they are raking in the big bucks, many would say no.