Pre-Session Consult Kit: Adding Images to Product Photos Tutorial
We've included product images in the Pre-Session Consult Kit so you can easily show your clients real products, but with your images in them! It's very easy to add your images directly into the template. For instance, within the CLIENT COMMITMENT GUIDE folder, open "IMAGE_FOLDER_SIDE_FOLD_02_OUTSIDE.psd". Let's add an image to the front of the Session Album.
1.WithÂ the template (.psd file) open in Photoshop, select the layer you would like to place your image into in your LAYERS palette, it will be called “IMAGE LAYER”. You can either locate the layer manually in the Layers palette by expanding the layers (this one is located in the OUTSIDE BACK PANEL GROUP->GRID->TOP PRODUCT->IMAGE SESSION ALBUM).
3. Open the image you would like to place here into Photoshop. FILE ->OPEN from the top menu in Photoshop.
4. Select the MOVE tool (Keyboard shortcut “V”) from your TOOLS palette.
5. Drag the image onto the collage template. It should now appear directly above “IMAGE LAYER”³ in your LAYERS palette.
6. If your image does not completely fill the frame, or is too large in the frame, you will need to resize it. To do this, choose EDIT->FREE TRANSFORM->SCALE from the top menu in Photoshop (Keyboard shortcut “Control+T” or “Apple+T” on a Mac).
8. Hold down the Shift key while dragging out (or in) the handles that appear on the edges of your photograph. For this image you will also rotate it slightly (by holding your cursor over one of the corner handles until you see the double arrow rotation handle)
9. When you are happy with your photo's position, press “Enter”.
Simply repeat these steps for all the product photos to insert your own sample portraits.Â We have also included the high resolution versions in a separate folder for your convenience. You can add your images the same way, but locating the IMAGE LAYER and dragging your image into it.
If you have any questions we didn't cover, please get in touch with customer service here. We're happy to help!
Let's face it, we've all gotten that email that asks us if we offer holiday/off-season/Sunday/dog's birthday discounts. As a girl who loves shopping clearance racks, I get it, I love me a good sale... but always being asked to discount your prices can be disheartening and devaluing as a creative. We already struggle with putting a price on our art, how the heck are we going to make any money if we don't charge profitable prices.
Or, 5 easy ways to create lifelong clients and increase your sales.
You’ve read all the books. You’ve surfed the whole ‘net. But you are still having a hard time convincing clients to spend their hard-earned dollars. They keep opting for your less expensive products, smaller sizes, or “just a few prints.” You’re about to throw your hands up in the air and say, “I give up!”
Well, hello! I'm a boudoir and wedding photographer from Pennsylvania; I am based in both in Philadelphia and in the mountains of Northeast, PA. I have a love for shooting film, vivid colors, fluffy dogs, salty snacks, binge watching Netflix, sarcasm, and napping. My road to becoming a photographer isn't a very poetic or adventurous story: I was a painter and had always pursued the thought of going to school for fine art. I took an introduction to film photography class in my senior year of high school and just fell in love with the medium. I've pursued my own photography business ever since and am still shooting with film!