Pre-Session Consult Kit: Adding Images to Product Photos Tutorial
We've included product images in the Pre-Session Consult Kit so you can easily show your clients real products, but with your images in them! It's very easy to add your images directly into the template. For instance, within the CLIENT COMMITMENT GUIDE folder, open "IMAGE_FOLDER_SIDE_FOLD_02_OUTSIDE.psd". Let's add an image to the front of the Session Album.
1.WithÂ the template (.psd file) open in Photoshop, select the layer you would like to place your image into in your LAYERS palette, it will be called “IMAGE LAYER”. You can either locate the layer manually in the Layers palette by expanding the layers (this one is located in the OUTSIDE BACK PANEL GROUP->GRID->TOP PRODUCT->IMAGE SESSION ALBUM).
3. Open the image you would like to place here into Photoshop. FILE ->OPEN from the top menu in Photoshop.
4. Select the MOVE tool (Keyboard shortcut “V”) from your TOOLS palette.
5. Drag the image onto the collage template. It should now appear directly above “IMAGE LAYER”³ in your LAYERS palette.
6. If your image does not completely fill the frame, or is too large in the frame, you will need to resize it. To do this, choose EDIT->FREE TRANSFORM->SCALE from the top menu in Photoshop (Keyboard shortcut “Control+T” or “Apple+T” on a Mac).
8. Hold down the Shift key while dragging out (or in) the handles that appear on the edges of your photograph. For this image you will also rotate it slightly (by holding your cursor over one of the corner handles until you see the double arrow rotation handle)
9. When you are happy with your photo's position, press “Enter”.
Simply repeat these steps for all the product photos to insert your own sample portraits.Â We have also included the high resolution versions in a separate folder for your convenience. You can add your images the same way, but locating the IMAGE LAYER and dragging your image into it.
If you have any questions we didn't cover, please get in touch with customer service here. We're happy to help!
When I was in college, I had a friend who was a professional photographer. The first time I went to her home, I walked in to find stunning photographs of her children on the walls.
There was a huge canvas in their living room and a creative photo display in the main hallway. I remember being so moved by the beauty of those images, thinking to myself, “I want to create images like this!” I bought myself a DSLR as a graduation present, learned photography from online courses and started my photography business about a year later.
I am beyond grateful I get to photograph intimate destination weddings and elopements all over the world. Besides traveling for photography work, exploring new places with my husband has become a big part of our marriage and something we want to continue for the rest of our lives. My husband’s grandparents are our biggest idols. They have spent over 50 years married, traveling the world together, continuing to explore new places together. Their passion for traveling has led them to occasionally taking their entire family on vacation, most often to an exotic beach of their choice; a tradition we hope to be able continue one day in their honor.