After the launch of Design Aglow's highly successful Inspire Me Cards: A Posing Guide For Wedding Parties guide our readers are ready for more. Many of you have written us and requested a guide completely devoted to creative poses and session ideas for grooms & groomsmen, and we are more than happy to deliver. In addition to our own stock of beautiful groom & groomsmen poses, we are looking for input from our lovely Design Aglow readers. Your images will help us deliver what we wish to be the most unforgettable and inspirational bank of groomsmen posing ideas yet.
What We Need: We are looking for extremely creative, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire them at future weddings and groom/groomsmen sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you got! The following are the types of images we need most to make this guide the best it can be:
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subject interacts with her surroundings;
• New takes on classic posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• Groom images of the groom by himself are more than welcome, but we would LOVE to see your groomsmen posing.
What You'll Win: If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit (for each photo we feature) and a free copy of the final guide to get yourself inspired too!
Some Rules: Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have created each photo that you enter personally, hold the legal copyright, and have a valid model release for each client that appears in the photos you enter.
• You must complete all information on the contest's entry page to be eligible to win.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5—7 @ 300dpi, please no web-sized images.
• If you are submitting more than one image, please group all of your images into ONE folder titled YOUR NAME. Then create a zip file of the folder and upload the zip file. Enter here before February 20, 2012 at Midnight EST.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entry!
*Special thanks to Tinywater Photography for the lovely sample images.
Instead of spending countless hours looking outward to others for inspiration, this course will show you how to be motivated by the real moments occurring right before your eyes. Find your creative voice by being present in your daily life, whether those moments be personal or professional.