contest time!! seeking your most creative bride poses
After the launch of Design Aglow's highly successful Inspire Me Cards: A Posing Guide For Wedding Parties guide our readers are ready for more. Many of you have written us and requested a guide completely devoted to creative poses and session ideas for brides, and we are more than happy to deliver. In addition to our own stock of beautiful bride poses, we are looking for input from our lovely Design Aglow readers. Your images will help us deliver what we wish to be the most unforgettable and inspirational bank of bridal posing ideas yet.
What We Need:
We are looking for extremely creative, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire them at future weddings and bridal sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you got! The following are the types of images we need most to make this guide the best it can be:
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subject interacts with her surroundings;
• Images that utilize the bride's accessories, such as ring, bouquet, veil, shoes, garter, etc. in an interesting way that adds drama to the shot. The bride does not necessarily have to be pictured in these shots;
• New takes on classic posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• The bride must be alone. Please no grooms, flower girls, wedding party, etc.
What You'll Win:
If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit (for each photo we feature) and a free copy of the final guide to get yourself inspired too!
Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have created each photo that you enter personally, hold the legal copyright, and have a valid model release for each client that appears in the photos you enter.
• You must complete all information on the contest's entry page to be eligible to win.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5x7 @ 300dpi, please no web-sized images.
Enter here before May 23, 2011 at Midnight EST. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entry!
*Special thanks to Tinywater Photography for the lovely sample images.
We have seen time and time again.Clients are more likely to order and upgrade their photo albums when they see a pre-designed layout. After a year or more planning every little detail of their wedding; the last thing clients want to do is make more decisions. When you pre-design an album that blows them away, chances are high that they will approve and order the album as you've designed it.
About eight years ago, I was reading a recipe blog and somehow ended up on the blogger’s photography posts. I spent a ton of time going through her photography posts and just couldn’t stop thinking about how I had to give it a try too! My husband (who is amazingly supportive) got on board immediately and we bought a camera. From there, I read, practiced, and photographed family and friends, and it naturally spiraled into what it has become today.
This past year has found our small team working hard and making huge updates to our Frame Shop and we’re so excited (to provide our photographers) next round of improvements coming to the Frame Shop early August 2018: