contest time!! seeking your most creative bride poses
After the launch of Design Aglow's highly successful Inspire Me Cards: A Posing Guide For Wedding Parties guide our readers are ready for more. Many of you have written us and requested a guide completely devoted to creative poses and session ideas for brides, and we are more than happy to deliver. In addition to our own stock of beautiful bride poses, we are looking for input from our lovely Design Aglow readers. Your images will help us deliver what we wish to be the most unforgettable and inspirational bank of bridal posing ideas yet.
What We Need:
We are looking for extremely creative, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire them at future weddings and bridal sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you got! The following are the types of images we need most to make this guide the best it can be:
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subject interacts with her surroundings;
• Images that utilize the bride's accessories, such as ring, bouquet, veil, shoes, garter, etc. in an interesting way that adds drama to the shot. The bride does not necessarily have to be pictured in these shots;
• New takes on classic posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• The bride must be alone. Please no grooms, flower girls, wedding party, etc.
What You'll Win:
If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit (for each photo we feature) and a free copy of the final guide to get yourself inspired too!
Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have created each photo that you enter personally, hold the legal copyright, and have a valid model release for each client that appears in the photos you enter.
• You must complete all information on the contest's entry page to be eligible to win.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5x7 @ 300dpi, please no web-sized images.
Enter here before May 23, 2011 at Midnight EST. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entry!
*Special thanks to Tinywater Photography for the lovely sample images.
Hi! Tell us a little bit about yourself. What was your road like to becoming a photographer?
Hello! I am a portrait photographer based south of Boston, MA. My passion is capturing mothers and their growing families. Maternity and newborn portraits are the foundation of my business, and I also capture baby milestones, children, and families. Fun fact: I returned the diamond earrings my husband bought me for our first Christmas as a married couple to buy a digital camera.
When I was in college, I had a friend who was a professional photographer. The first time I went to her home, I walked in to find stunning photographs of her children on the walls.
There was a huge canvas in their living room and a creative photo display in the main hallway. I remember being so moved by the beauty of those images, thinking to myself, “I want to create images like this!” I bought myself a DSLR as a graduation present, learned photography from online courses and started my photography business about a year later.
I am beyond grateful I get to photograph intimate destination weddings and elopements all over the world. Besides traveling for photography work, exploring new places with my husband has become a big part of our marriage and something we want to continue for the rest of our lives. My husband’s grandparents are our biggest idols. They have spent over 50 years married, traveling the world together, continuing to explore new places together. Their passion for traveling has led them to occasionally taking their entire family on vacation, most often to an exotic beach of their choice; a tradition we hope to be able continue one day in their honor.