contest time!! seeking your most creative bride poses
After the launch of Design Aglow's highly successful Inspire Me Cards: A Posing Guide For Wedding Parties guide our readers are ready for more. Many of you have written us and requested a guide completely devoted to creative poses and session ideas for brides, and we are more than happy to deliver. In addition to our own stock of beautiful bride poses, we are looking for input from our lovely Design Aglow readers. Your images will help us deliver what we wish to be the most unforgettable and inspirational bank of bridal posing ideas yet.
What We Need:
We are looking for extremely creative, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire them at future weddings and bridal sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you got! The following are the types of images we need most to make this guide the best it can be:
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subject interacts with her surroundings;
• Images that utilize the bride's accessories, such as ring, bouquet, veil, shoes, garter, etc. in an interesting way that adds drama to the shot. The bride does not necessarily have to be pictured in these shots;
• New takes on classic posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• The bride must be alone. Please no grooms, flower girls, wedding party, etc.
What You'll Win:
If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit (for each photo we feature) and a free copy of the final guide to get yourself inspired too!
Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have created each photo that you enter personally, hold the legal copyright, and have a valid model release for each client that appears in the photos you enter.
• You must complete all information on the contest's entry page to be eligible to win.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5x7 @ 300dpi, please no web-sized images.
Enter here before May 23, 2011 at Midnight EST. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entry!
*Special thanks to Tinywater Photography for the lovely sample images.
Hi! My name is Candis Press and I'm a videographer located in Southern California. I've been a videographer for over 7 years and specialize in wedding film and social media marketing.
To be honest, I would have never thought I could be a business owner. I didn't do great in school, and really only applied myself to my art classes. I started out in many careers, and somewhere along the way, videography found me and it is definitely my passion. Also, I'm married to a super rad guy and have a 4 year old little girl and both of them are the best support and inspiration a gal could have.
Ola! I run The Auburn Hour Film Co. We’re all about creating modern, energetic and fun wedding films. After graduating university and bouncing around aimlessly for a few years (yes, I have a useless arts degree hanging in my home!), I found my way into the fashion and event scene, and eventually wound up second shooting wedding videos for friends I had gone to uni with. I had heard from a number of sources that I should never get into wedding films if I could help it. I would hear tales of bridezillas, endless stress and and backlog of overdue films up to my ears. And I was starting to believe it!