contest time!! seeking your most creative bride poses
After the launch of Design Aglow's highly successful Inspire Me Cards: A Posing Guide For Wedding Parties guide our readers are ready for more. Many of you have written us and requested a guide completely devoted to creative poses and session ideas for brides, and we are more than happy to deliver. In addition to our own stock of beautiful bride poses, we are looking for input from our lovely Design Aglow readers. Your images will help us deliver what we wish to be the most unforgettable and inspirational bank of bridal posing ideas yet.
What We Need:
We are looking for extremely creative, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire them at future weddings and bridal sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you got! The following are the types of images we need most to make this guide the best it can be:
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subject interacts with her surroundings;
• Images that utilize the bride's accessories, such as ring, bouquet, veil, shoes, garter, etc. in an interesting way that adds drama to the shot. The bride does not necessarily have to be pictured in these shots;
• New takes on classic posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• The bride must be alone. Please no grooms, flower girls, wedding party, etc.
What You'll Win:
If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit (for each photo we feature) and a free copy of the final guide to get yourself inspired too!
Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have created each photo that you enter personally, hold the legal copyright, and have a valid model release for each client that appears in the photos you enter.
• You must complete all information on the contest's entry page to be eligible to win.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5x7 @ 300dpi, please no web-sized images.
Enter here before May 23, 2011 at Midnight EST. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entry!
*Special thanks to Tinywater Photography for the lovely sample images.
I started my career ten years ago, working at a high end photography studio in my early twenties. No college, just hands on experience. While working there for a few years, I was also working on building up a clientele of my own. Once I had established a good amount of clients, I left the company and started my own business. My one hope for my art is that it will withstand the test of time and that further generations can appreciate it.
“Through Design Aglow I’ve been able to flourish as a boutique fine art wedding photographer and business owner. I’ve learned early in my career if you spoil your customer with love, creativity, and thoughtfulness you have their loyalty in return. A Welcome Packet is so essential to my business to communicate this to my clients."
You’re a busy photographer/cinematographer/creative. You don’t have an extra $150-$10,000 laying around to collect sample products and you definitely don’t have a week to style rooms, hang art on the walls, set up flat lays, collect inspiring props AND THEN photograph everything and edit the images.