We are so inspired by the Modular Birth Announcements & Sales Kit: Woodland Delight, that we decided to create some coordinating canvases to share with you. We chose to print these as an 8×10 (flower example) and an 11×14 (mountain example), but with our fully layered Photoshop files you can easily increase the size to much larger: such as a 16×20 or 24×30.
To create your canvas:
1. Open your preferred vendor’s Canvas template in Photoshop (we recommend ProDPI)
2. Increase the canvas size to add the desired width to each side of the canvas to accomodate for the wrapped portion of the canvas. For instance: if you are printing a canvas with a 1.5 inch wrap, you will want to add a 2 inch border to each side of the canvas. So for a 16×20 canvas, you’ll want a Photoshop document size to be 20×24. Make sure to create guides where the wrapped portions of the canvas start on each side.
3. Grab one of the 6 patterns from the inside of one of the cards in your preferred color palette
4. Since the patterns are smaller, you can repeat it multiple times to keep the graphics small. However the patterns are vector-based, so if you want to increase the size of the graphics as well you can simply increase the size of the whole pattern. For these canvases we chose to repeat the pattern multiple times.
5. Create a color layer within the designated space in the guides to act as the background for the front of the canvas
6. Pull the cover of your choice from the palette of your choosing and drag into your current template
7. Resize to fit within the front of the canvas
8. Add your images!
These birth announcements are particularly versatile because they have so many adorable elements that can easily be used on albums (see our Woodland Delight Album), canvases, cards, as embellishments, and so much more. Not to mention they can work with multiple types of sessions and aren’t just limited to babies. As with any of our products, we always recommend venturing out of the box and experimenting with the hundreds of things you can do with all of our templates.
Click here to see the cards in the shop and start creating your own additions to your product line!