We can hardly believe it’s October! Autumn brings with it a sense of lighthearted change and jubilance, not to mention a rush of business! The time is soaring past, and before you know it you’ll be in the thick of holiday portrait sessions. We’ve collected a few of our favorite bits and pieces of the season to help optimize your work and maintain a sense of calm.
Our Fall Friday Favorites:
1. Faux Mixed Leaf Garland - Pottery Barn – It’s always smart to keep festive decorations on hand for quick mini-sessions, and we are loving the look of this fun fall garland. Drape it in a doorway or use it as a background accent against a simple white wall for a colorful display that screams autumn.
2. Fall/Winter Senior Style Guide – Straight from the hottest names in senior photography, this gorgeous hand drawn fall/winter guide for shooting seniors is the perfect way to keep your clients looking stylish. Use as simple flat cards, a spiral bound mini guide, or online as a pdf or email. (Expand your catalog seamlessly with the Fall/Winter Engagement and Family Collection and Spring/Summer Seniors, Engagements and Family Collection.)
3. Maple Leaf Cookies - Trader Joe’s – Get in the holiday spirit by offering these irresistibly smooth maple cream filled cookies in your Studio. A great friend shipped us a box from the Windy City, which we promptly devoured. If you’re like us and longing for a Trader Joe’s to pop up near you, you can spring for these delectable treats on Amazon, but beware the price hike.
4. Taj Masala Chai Black Tea – Teavana – When the weather cools off, there’s nothing like a cup of soothing tea to wrap your hands around. Take a moment from all the hectic fall and holiday business, and relax. We love autumn flavors like this Black Tea. Think all the comforts of Chai like cinnamon, ginger and anise with the extra kick of Malaysian spices like coriander and clove. YUM.
5. Holiday Portraits Promo – It’s never too early to remind existing and potential clients about scheduling holiday portrait sessions, and with our Holiday Portrait Promo you can start filling up your fall calendar now! This irresistible tri-fold design comes with space to drop in your own images and pre-written clear, comprehensive verbiage. Use it to schedule a session, remind clients what to wear, promote gift ideas and as an early booking call to action.
6. Newsletters: Portrait Collection – Read all about it: Regularly getting in front of your target market and staying in touch with your best clients has never been easier or more beautiful than it is right now. These stunning seasonal newsletter templates are pre-designed and pre-written, but they’re all about you; so while we offer up a bounty of fresh ideas for topics that easily market all aspects of your studio, you are free to show off your new products, your most current images, and inspire with your stunning session ideas, all while keeping in touch with clients and prospective clients. What better way to kick off the fall season?
7. A Fall Candle – Diptyque – Fill your studio with the cozy comforting scents of fall. The inviting holiday warmth of a festive candle offers radiance that will put your clients in the spirit of the season. An atmosphere that’s congruent with the time of year is a great way to further your client’s excitement for their holiday session, and to keep yourself feeling cool calm and collected.
8. Essential 1 Hour Workflow – Portraits are the heart of your business, and a quick turn around is imperative in order to profit for your time and your art. Learn to streamline your editing, establish a workflow, and have export-ready imaging for a portrait gallery in as little as one hour! Streamline your workflow, command confidence from your clients and get back to doing more of what you love. BONUS: Includes The 6 Essential Lightroom Presets to edit any portrait or session.