Because they’re better together: we’ve bundled our most popular tools into Starter and Essential packages that are designed to improve your efficiency and save you a little cash (as opposed to purchasing the items separately). Starter bundles are perfect jumping-off points for those just starting their business, while Essential bundles are our must-haves for any successful studio.
Begin your business right: the Portrait Photography Starter Bundle combines three foundational products that set a standard for your success. The Pricing Guide for Portrait Photographers saves you money (while also making you profitable), by helping you know your business’s numbers; our Complete Legal Portrait Contract saves you headaches in the form of client disputes and business liabilities; and our Essential 1 Hour Portrait Workflow saves you time, often the most valuable weapon in a profitable portrait photographer’s arsenal. Start here, and start building a sustainable portrait studio.
New Interactive Adobe Acrobat PDF Included with the Complete Legal Portrait Contract: designed to empower your business even further, you can send the PDF straight to your clients to complete from the comfort of their own computer or mobile device, like their iPad or iPhone! No more messy paperwork or trying to figure out how to create an online web form for clients to use. Simply download, add your studio information in Adobe Acrobat (full tutorial included) and send off to be completed! It's literally as easy as 1, 2, 3.
*Header image shown at the top of the Complete Legal Portrait Contract is included as a stock image with download.
The Pricing Guide for Portrait Photographers:
• 70 page PDF document that covers an in depth review of REAL business numbers, explanations and examples of budgeting, calculations for determining your work time and paying yourself, pricing for your brand and your studio, and setting up a game plan
• Solid advice from top industry portrait photographers
• Smart worksheets to help you calculate your Cost of Goods, Time and Pay
• A budgeting worksheet guide to help you stay accountable to your business
• BONUS 20 page PDF document containing ready-to-use, brandable price lists for any business model
Complete Legal Portrait Contract:
• Customizable 3 page contract, with space for studio logo and contact information
• Clearly defined payment and fee guidelines for the client
• Expressed details that identify your studio rights and liabilities
• Session and production terms, to let clients know what they can expect during and after their portrait session
• Clear expectations of the client, including items like conduct guidelines and expected punctuality (and consequential delay fees
Essential 1 Hour Portrait Workflow: • 40 page PDF to help you streamline your workflow, command confidence from your clients and get back to doing more of what you love• 2 professionally crafted client correspondence emails for before and after your session
• Creating smart shooting and workflow habits to ensure simple and effective post production
• Sound advice for prepping, storing, and backing up your images
• Lightroom editing and enhancement walk-through
• Tips for Photoshop and blog image creation
• BONUS: Includes The 6 Essential Lightroom Presets to edit any portrait or session
Please Note: We supply the names of the fonts used, but .ttf files must be downloaded from other providers. See Usage for additional details.
• Guides can be read in Acrobat, Preview and any PDF compatible product, view the entire guides right from your hard drive or iPad for easy archiving and navigation
• Price lists & Contract are fully editable in Photoshop CS or newer and InDesign CS5.5 or newer
• Windows and Mac
It's Sellable: Equip yourself with a Mini-MBA in portrait studio numbers... this all-inclusive kit teaches you all you ever needed to know about costs, pricing and running the numbers side of the business. The worksheets easily guide you through understanding all the data behind your studio and will allow you to turn the corner to profitability.
It's a Time Saver: There is no greater lag in the production process than the endless hours can take to accomplish a single edit. Our Portrait Workflow helps you create a system that will improve your technical skills and decrease your average editing time. With a little practice, every part of your production will improve and in no time, you'll be turning-around portraits faster than you ever imagined.
It Shapes Your Image: The Complete Legal Portrait Contract is more than just protection*; it's a valuable, professionally written business tool that demonstrates intelligence and integrity, two intangible characteristics that foster lasting client relationships and position your studio as a professional, exceptional leader in your market.
*It is highly recommended to consult a lawyer prior to use to ensure you are covered under your local laws.
This bundle is designed to be showcased virtually and printed through ProDPI or your preferred vendor.
Would you use the word “lackluster” to describe your clients’ average orders? We guide you to a place of more profitability with the Higher Sales Bundle. Prepare your clients for investing in your photography with the Pre-Session Consult Kit, wow them with in-person sales techniques from the Essential Guide to Selling Without a Studio, and seal the deal with Selling a Showpiece Portrait: A Client Guide. Envision more sales (and help your clients envision themselves writ large on their walls) with this dynamic package.
Pre-Session Consult Kit:
• With field-proven methodology, our extensive 30-page guide also thoroughly directs you through the entire process of pre-sales sessions, including: how to interact naturally with clients of various types and needs; different meeting locations; exceeding sales and session expectations; follow-up email with an FAQ; tips for optimal web presence; and handling investment questions. We even provide a no-fail script/worksheet for your meeting (as well as how to use it), the takeaway in the form of a client commitment guide, and a handy bookmark for taking room measurements.
Essential Guide to Selling Without a Studio:
• 38 page PDF guide makes sure you've got the necessary tools to be proud of every sale
• Equip yourself with proven strategies to run in-person sales consultations
• Increase your profit with step-by-step sales advice and answers to common objections
• Educate your clients about the sales process and meet their expectations confidently while leading the sales process
Selling a Showpiece Portrait: A Client Guide:
• We demonstrate portrait sizes ranging from the smaller 16x20 (looks so silly over the sofa!) to properly sized 30x40 (the goal!) and a few stops in between. This creates instant value not in only your work, but for your expert advice. Clients leave the buying process feeling like smart consumers, and you leave it with the largest possible sale in hand.
• Guides can be read in Acrobat, Preview and any PDF compatible product
• Templates are compatible with Photoshop CS and newer
It's Sellable: Equip yourself to take on in-person sales consultation with Selling Without a Studio's comprehensive and proven successful strategies. Studio space or no, your skills and presentation practices will undoubtedly wow your clients and sky rocket your sales.
It's a Time Saver: The comprehensive Studio Pre-Session Consult Kit helps you set the stage for the end products and sales from your sessions, saving workflow, efforts and energy, and exceeding the expectations of your clients.
It Shapes Your Image: As you guide your clients through this educational sizing journey with the "Selling A Showpiece Portrait", you present yourself not as a salesperson, but as a expert in art and design. When they grasp the concepts of art placement and appropriate sizing, they begin to feel confident in their choices and furthermore, confident in your advice. They feel like accomplished, intelligent buyers, and look to you as a home stylist extraordinaire!