The year is coming to a close and January is right around the corner. You may be tempted to find a cave and hibernate for the winter, but we promise you’ll be so much happier in the long run if you spend a week or two getting organized, inspired and ready to make 2016 your best year yet! We’ve rounded up our top ten photography products for 2016, so you can spend less time looking for the perfect tools and more time setting up new best practices before busy season comes back around.
1. Big Picture Planner - Get a head start on being proactive in 2016, instead of just reactive. Building a successful photography business takes planning and follow through and we’ve created the perfect tool, designed specifically for photographers. The Big Picture Planner will help you organize your workflow, marketing campaigns, social media goals, blog analytics and so much more. Best part: use it starting today, all of 2016, and for years to come.
2. Pixellu/Smart Albums - Create gorgeous albums in less time than you’ve ever imagined! It’s fast, it’s easy, and it’s so intuitive you’ll never want to use another album design software again. Need more reasons to fall in love with Smart Albums? We’ve got 5 for you.
3. Photographer’s Marketing & PR Guide & Calendar - Marketing often ends up at the bottom of the To Do list, mostly because we don’t know where to start so it’s easier to just skip it altogether. Our Photographer’s Marketing & PR Guide & Calendar takes all the guesswork out of marketing your photography business and organizes tasks and best practices into simple, actionable tasks that get big results for every single week of the year.
4. AGLOW Magazine Subscription - Each volume of AGLOW Magazine is loaded with fresh features, innovative ideas, solid business advice and stories of creatives that will inspire you in your own business. AGLOW is a keepsake luxury publication you will want to keep on your coffee table and enjoy all year long.
5. Animoto Pro subscription - Create incredible videos and photo slideshows to share or sell to clients and use as inspiring marketing for your business. A Pro subscription to Animoto includes commercially licensed music and high definition output, a combination that will help you create high quality videos every time.
BONUS for Design Aglow customers: apply code AGLOW20 during checkout to receive 20% off Animoto Professional*
*New subscribers only. Promo ends on January 30th, 2016
6. Essential Guide to Blogging for Photographers - Blogging is one of the best marketing tools available to photographers, but it can be one of the first things to go when busy season hits. Our Essential Guide to Blogging for Photographers has everything you need to set up an efficient and effective workflow for blogging, along with time-saving tools, tips for creating meaningful content and simple best practices. In short, it’s everything you need to kick your blog into high gear and attract new clients in 2016!
7. Vendor Marketing Kit - Our Vendor Marketing Kit includes effective templates to create all the printed materials you need to begin cultivating great relationships with local businesses and vendors. Customize the templates, print and deliver them, and you’ll be well on your way to a full year of hand-picked referrals.
8. Kelly Moore Bag - Kelly Moore Bags are designed to be the only bag you need to carry… they hold your camera gear, your wallet, your laptop… even baby gear. We love them because they’re functional and fashionable. With over twenty bags to choose from, Kelly Moore has a bag for everyone, men and women alike.
9. Wacom tablet *prime delivery! - If you’ve never used a Wacom tablet, prepare to be amazed. We love it because it reduces the amount of stress on your hand and wrist, gives you better control with it’s pressure sensitive tip and reduces the amount of time it takes to retouch images because it allows for a more natural motion than a mouse. Anything that reduces editing time is a must-have in our books.
10. Studio Success Guide: How to Make a Promo Film for 2016…..it’s FREE for newsletter subscribers! - Upgrade your ‘about me’ section on your website with a promo film in 2016… and set yourself miles apart from the competition. This 100% free guide will walk you through all the steps in creating a promo video for your business that you’ll love.
With so much goodness in one post, you may be a little overwhelmed right now. Instead of jumping in and trying to tackle everything at once, we suggest starting with the Big Picture Planner so you can make a plan to incorporate all your new tools. Bring on 2016!
Hi! Tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you been practicing photography professionally? What was your road like to becoming a photographer?
Hi friends! My name is Alicia from Alicia Lucia Photography. I am approaching my fifth wedding season as a photographer and while my path to becoming a photographer wasn’t always an easy one, I knew in my heart that I was always meant to do exactly this!
Building a solid brand is a key part of running a successful photography business, but it’s not easy work. It takes time to develop your photography style and your voice. And then it takes considerable effort to craft those into a brand that helps you stand out in a sea of other photographers. There’s often a large amount of trial and error involved because sometimes you do things without even knowing that hurt your brand. But don’t worry… we’re here to help! Here are ten ways you’re killing your brand and how to fix them.