Having a successful phone consultation is the BEST way to get your potential client committed to invest, connected to your luxury boutique brand, and excited to book with you! Here are our top 10 tips for success. Download your FREE full guide and phone script here. Created for Design Aglow by contributor Megan DiPiero.
1.You have two ears and one mouth so listen twice as much as you talk.
2. Smile first. Always smile before you talk.
3. Never focus on price. Talk about your sessions and products.
4. Questions, questions. It's about them, not you. Ask the right questions and genuinely care about what they have to say!
5. Weave into the conversation: website, style, family, products.
6. Most clients have not thought about products. This is where we get to shine as trusted advisors and open them up to new possibilities.
7. Help make this easy for your clients (and for you) by having a planning session prior to the shoot.
8. Model your phone consultations with a service-focused, active-listening approach.
9. Confidently present the products that are right for your clients at the prices that are right for your profitable business.
10. Practice and polish your approach at every opportunity. You will be fantastic!
Hi! Tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you been practicing photography professionally? What was your road like to becoming a photographer?
Hi friends! My name is Alicia from Alicia Lucia Photography. I am approaching my fifth wedding season as a photographer and while my path to becoming a photographer wasn’t always an easy one, I knew in my heart that I was always meant to do exactly this!
Building a solid brand is a key part of running a successful photography business, but it’s not easy work. It takes time to develop your photography style and your voice. And then it takes considerable effort to craft those into a brand that helps you stand out in a sea of other photographers. There’s often a large amount of trial and error involved because sometimes you do things without even knowing that hurt your brand. But don’t worry… we’re here to help! Here are ten ways you’re killing your brand and how to fix them.