We love to see photographers creating beautiful, custom keepsakes for their clients. Jessica of Jessica Davis Photography has an effective method she uses to send each of her clients home with a Design Aglow Album after their session, so we asked her a few questions to inspire our community:
1) We see you are selling a lot of albums! What is your process to make sure every client goes home with a stunning custom album?
It's important for our clients to be able to see how their family album would be laid out so we pre-design the pages and they view those on our big screen TV at their Premiere Session. The Premiere Appointment is a 1 hour in-studio appointment where the client will view the images from the portrait session for the first time. The first thing they see at the Premiere Appointment (on the big screen TV) is an album designed to showcase the story of their day.
2) How do you promote albums on your website/in person/and during your client meetings?
Sample albums! Our clients love to flip through the sample album pages and see clean modern beautiful layouts, the high quality printing/paper and the high end linen cover options. They pretty much sell themselves.
3) What is your album workflow like?
The photographer's favorite images (which usually end up being the clients as well) are used in the selection process of pre-designing an album. Most clients purchase the album as is at the Premiere Appointment but if they would like minor changes we make those in Fundy (after the Premiere Appointment... not during) and later send them an online link (using Fundy's Album Proofer) to view the updated album. From there, we get the clients approval and easily upload the album to the Design Aglow website.
4) Do you use templates or software to create your layouts?
We design our albums with Fundy Album Design software.
5) What are your top 3 tips for selling more albums?
1. In our three page PDF pricing guide we have one entire page dedicated just to albums.
2. Pre-designing clean page layouts that clients view at the Premiere Appointment.
3. Showing clients the swatch book and having tangible sample albums in studio so they can touch and see the paper quality, printing and high end cover options.
Thanks for sharing, Jessica! We love your approach and are so happy for your success. Enjoy your $75 shopping spree on us~
Have you created something awesome with Design Aglow products? Feel free to send us images here. If we feature it on the blog you’ll get a $75 shopping spree at Design Aglow! Are you interested in selling albums to your clients? Visit our Sales Tools & Templates and see our helpful tips on the blog.
As photographers, we’re always on the lookout for new tools that will make our workflow faster and easier (while making our images look their best), and when we found Mastin Labs’ film presets for Lightroom, specifically Fuji Pro, Ilford B&W and Kodak Portra, we knew we had hit gold!
We downloaded and installed all three, and watched the included Getting Started tutorials Edit Your First Image and Using Tone Profiles that hold your hand and walk you through the presets and how they work.
The presets are incredibly easy to use, and quick to apply. And, we love that they are designed to replicate the films that we have known and loved.