Design Aglow is launching a new educational mini session guide, and we would love to feature YOUR images. If you have any fantastic examples of portraits from a mini session (children only, please), we would love to consider them for inclusion in this product. Here’s more of what we’re looking for: We’re seeking interesting, thoughtful, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire their mini sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you’ve got! The following are the types of images we need:
• Portraits of one or more children;
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subjects interact with their surroundings;
• New takes on traditional posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• Creatively styled AND classically timeless sessions, with consideration to palette and scenery.
What You'll Receive:
If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit for each photo we feature, and a free copy of the final guide for your own inspiration!
Some Rules: Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have personally created each photo, hold the legal copyright, and possess a valid model release for each client that appears.
• You must complete all information on the contest entry page to be eligible for inclusion.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5x7” @ 300dpi; no web-sized images, please.
• If you are submitting more than one image, please group all of your images into ONE folder titled YOUR NAME. Then create a zip file of the folder and upload the zip file.
As photographers, we’re always on the lookout for new tools that will make our workflow faster and easier (while making our images look their best), and when we found Mastin Labs’ film presets for Lightroom, specifically Fuji Pro, Ilford B&W and Kodak Portra, we knew we had hit gold!
We downloaded and installed all three, and watched the included Getting Started tutorials Edit Your First Image and Using Tone Profiles that hold your hand and walk you through the presets and how they work.
The presets are incredibly easy to use, and quick to apply. And, we love that they are designed to replicate the films that we have known and loved.