At Design Aglow, we are always looking for new inspirations, and thought it would be fun to share the products, templates, and inspiration we're loving at the moment. What better way to end the week than to learn about something exciting or discover your new favorite gadget? Join us on Pinterest, if you haven't already, to stay updated with industry related pins, motivational quotes and everything that inspires us!
Our Friday Favorites:
1. Holga 35mm camera- Urban Outfitters -Â With film being all the rage right now, you can pick up one of these for an affordable price and see why everyone is loving the quality of catching moments on film.
2. Our very own Interactive Guest Book KeepsakeÂ - We love how this album gets clients engaged in creating a memento that they will cherish forever. From wedding couples, to baby showers to seniors and more. Keep an eye out for a new color palette and design tweaks, hitting the blog and shop soon!
3. The Tokyo Dreamer Camera Strap - Photojojo Store - Add a little flair to your gear by grabbing one of these Dreamer straps, which even includes an extra pocket for film or additional memory cards.
4. Garden stools - Various retail stores -Â A Garden stool is a classic piece that adds style to any space. Use it to add a pop of color, or even as a prop during a photo shoot (seen here with our Studio Look Book).
5. Photo Overlays: The Small World Collection - Embellish the precious portraits of your clients' little ones with the addition of our versatile and stunning baby overlays.
6. Food trucks!Â The one featured here was spotted during Design Aglow's trip to Portland, and we couldn't help but capture it with Instagram. If you aren't following us on Instagram yet, be sure to check us out by searching @DesignAglow or hashtag #designaglow and see all of the behind the scenes with the Design Aglow team!
7. Â CitiBIKE series - Biria - Who doesn't love a teal bike? Grab a water and your camera to take a local adventure, or use it as a cute photo prop for that engagement session you've been brainstorming.
8. Â Turquoise baby blanket - image courtesy of Christine Desavino - having a few colorful blankets around for a newborn sessionÂ can add just the right touch to an image. It's a sweet and genial color that any mother is sure to love.
One of the great things about running your own business is that, in theory, us business owners get to “call the shots”. We make all the decisions big and small, such as whether we run our business full or part-time, how and why we set our price points, the products we offer, our ideal clients, the list goes on.
As a photographer based in Charleston, SC, summer is my busiest time of the year. So instead of vacationing elsewhere, I like to escape in my own city for a few days at a time. Given that Charleston won the 2016 “World’s Best City” award by Travel & Leisure, after being a top city for the past four years, there’s plenty to see and do and see as a guest in my own city!
Maybe you’re looking for that perfect gift to give the creative in your life or maybe you’re just trying to #treatyourself. No matter who you might be shopping for, delight your giftee with something from our 2016 Holiday Gift Guide.