We are so excited to announce our First Annual Video Contest, and want YOU to be the star of our production.
This is a call for a 10-20 second video submissions. Tell us what you love about Design Aglow, and your video could chosen as part of our first ever fan created collaboration, which will be seen by thousands of photographers, worldwide.
Our very favorite video will win a GRAND PRIZE gift certificate to the Design Aglow shop in the super mega amount of $350! But that's not all.... every single video we feature will receive a Design Aglow gift certificate for $25.Â Why a video you ask?Â Well, as much anyone loves a good pat on the back, we designed this contest to be a creative alternative to market research.Â Since spreadsheets and surveys aren't our style, we've decided to gather our customer reviews in a fun, interactive way.
Tell us what Design Aglow means to you, so we can continue creating products you love.
GET STARTED ALREADY!1. Create Your Video:
Start by stating YOUR NAME and STATE or COUNTRY. Next, answer the following TWO questions:
• What do you love most about Design Aglow?
• What is your favorite Design Aglow product, and why? (Be specific. For Example: How has it saved your time, impacted your studio's success or made you look great in front of a client?)
2. Upload Your Submission HERE:
• Title your completed video like this: YOURNAME.mov
• Zip your video and upload it to this link
• Length: under 20 seconds
• Format: .MOV (H.264) file
• Size: HD minimum 1280 X 720
• Upload size: Must be under 10MB
• Sound: Find a quiet space; try to eliminate background noise. (Be mindful of appliance like A/C and refrigerators, which create a lot of white noise.)
• Lighting/Environment: Please record against a solid white background, with natural light if possible.
• DSLR (If your DSLR has an HD Video capabilities)
• Video Camera
• Web Camera
• Iphone (Horizontal mode only)
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
• Appropriately Answers Question: 50%
• Creativity: 25%
• Entertaining: 15%
• Film Quality: 10%
* One submission per person. Please follow ALL rules carefully, or we will be unable accept your video.
THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER & ALL HONORABLE MENTIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FACEBOOK: JUNE 14TH - GOOD LUCK!
As photographers, we’re always on the lookout for new tools that will make our workflow faster and easier (while making our images look their best), and when we found Mastin Labs’ film presets for Lightroom, specifically Fuji Pro, Ilford B&W and Kodak Portra, we knew we had hit gold!
We downloaded and installed all three, and watched the included Getting Started tutorials Edit Your First Image and Using Tone Profiles that hold your hand and walk you through the presets and how they work.
The presets are incredibly easy to use, and quick to apply. And, we love that they are designed to replicate the films that we have known and loved.
Earlier this year I attended Ben Sasso’s Heck Yeah Photo Camp located in Joshua Tree, CA. I had never been to Southern California, much less explored it’s incredible coast. For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to look down the coastline of Big Sur or see the Sequoias. After some super last minute travel planning, I found myself with 3 photographer partners for an amazing adventure. We decided we would start at sunrise in Joshua Tree, head south to Salvation Mountain and the Imperial Sand Dunes and then begin our trip north where we would end a week later in San Francisco.