We are so excited to announce our First Annual Video Contest, and want YOU to be the star of our production.
This is a call for a 10-20 second video submissions. Tell us what you love about Design Aglow, and your video could chosen as part of our first ever fan created collaboration, which will be seen by thousands of photographers, worldwide.
Our very favorite video will win a GRAND PRIZE gift certificate to the Design Aglow shop in the super mega amount of $350! But that's not all.... every single video we feature will receive a Design Aglow gift certificate for $25.Â Why a video you ask?Â Well, as much anyone loves a good pat on the back, we designed this contest to be a creative alternative to market research.Â Since spreadsheets and surveys aren't our style, we've decided to gather our customer reviews in a fun, interactive way.
Tell us what Design Aglow means to you, so we can continue creating products you love.
GET STARTED ALREADY!1. Create Your Video:
Start by stating YOUR NAME and STATE or COUNTRY. Next, answer the following TWO questions:
• What do you love most about Design Aglow?
• What is your favorite Design Aglow product, and why? (Be specific. For Example: How has it saved your time, impacted your studio's success or made you look great in front of a client?)
2. Upload Your Submission HERE:
• Title your completed video like this: YOURNAME.mov
• Zip your video and upload it to this link
• Length: under 20 seconds
• Format: .MOV (H.264) file
• Size: HD minimum 1280 X 720
• Upload size: Must be under 10MB
• Sound: Find a quiet space; try to eliminate background noise. (Be mindful of appliance like A/C and refrigerators, which create a lot of white noise.)
• Lighting/Environment: Please record against a solid white background, with natural light if possible.
• DSLR (If your DSLR has an HD Video capabilities)
• Video Camera
• Web Camera
• Iphone (Horizontal mode only)
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
• Appropriately Answers Question: 50%
• Creativity: 25%
• Entertaining: 15%
• Film Quality: 10%
* One submission per person. Please follow ALL rules carefully, or we will be unable accept your video.
THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER & ALL HONORABLE MENTIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FACEBOOK: JUNE 14TH - GOOD LUCK!
Do you feel overworked and underpaid? Does it pain you to deliver digital images...but no album or wall portraits? Do you believe in tangible products, but don't think your market can support higher priced items?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above, you're not alone and there IS a solution:In-Person Sales. There's no limit to how much more money you can make by providing IPS instead of online sales or shoot & burn. Or how many hours you'll save because you'll be able to shoot fewer sessions to generate the same revenue. Or how many hours of sleep you'll get because you won't be worrying about money.
The iPhone camera is an incredibly powerful tool. After learning a few basics, you can start practicing your own skills with what I like to call a “creative exercise régime.” First of all, l always hold my phone horizontally with two hands. I form a "C" with my left thumb and forefinger and tuck the phone into it so it rests on my hand with my middle finger holding it up along the back. Then with my right hand I form a similar backwards C with the phone against the palm of my hand and use my right thumb to take the picture. By having a steady hold on the phone, I eliminate shake. The result is a sharper image.
This past March, my family and I took a road trip from Marietta, Georgia to Charleston, South Carolina. The trip fell during the first few days of spring, and we all dreamed of warmer weather and a nice change of scenery! Our trip started on a Friday and ended the following Monday, but despite it’s brevity, it was an amazing experience!