Pre-Session Consult Kit: Adding Images to Product Photos Tutorial
We've included product images in the Pre-Session Consult Kit so you can easily show your clients real products, but with your images in them! It's very easy to add your images directly into the template. For instance, within the CLIENT COMMITMENT GUIDE folder, open "IMAGE_FOLDER_SIDE_FOLD_02_OUTSIDE.psd". Let's add an image to the front of the Session Album.
1.WithÂ the template (.psd file) open in Photoshop, select the layer you would like to place your image into in your LAYERS palette, it will be called “IMAGE LAYER”. You can either locate the layer manually in the Layers palette by expanding the layers (this one is located in the OUTSIDE BACK PANEL GROUP->GRID->TOP PRODUCT->IMAGE SESSION ALBUM).
3. Open the image you would like to place here into Photoshop. FILE ->OPEN from the top menu in Photoshop.
4. Select the MOVE tool (Keyboard shortcut “V”) from your TOOLS palette.
5. Drag the image onto the collage template. It should now appear directly above “IMAGE LAYER”³ in your LAYERS palette.
6. If your image does not completely fill the frame, or is too large in the frame, you will need to resize it. To do this, choose EDIT->FREE TRANSFORM->SCALE from the top menu in Photoshop (Keyboard shortcut “Control+T” or “Apple+T” on a Mac).
8. Hold down the Shift key while dragging out (or in) the handles that appear on the edges of your photograph. For this image you will also rotate it slightly (by holding your cursor over one of the corner handles until you see the double arrow rotation handle)
9. When you are happy with your photo's position, press “Enter”.
Simply repeat these steps for all the product photos to insert your own sample portraits.Â We have also included the high resolution versions in a separate folder for your convenience. You can add your images the same way, but locating the IMAGE LAYER and dragging your image into it.
If you have any questions we didn't cover, please get in touch with customer service here. We're happy to help!
As photographers, we’re always on the lookout for new tools that will make our workflow faster and easier (while making our images look their best), and when we found Mastin Labs’ film presets for Lightroom, specifically Fuji Pro, Ilford B&W and Kodak Portra, we knew we had hit gold!
We downloaded and installed all three, and watched the included Getting Started tutorials Edit Your First Image and Using Tone Profiles that hold your hand and walk you through the presets and how they work.
The presets are incredibly easy to use, and quick to apply. And, we love that they are designed to replicate the films that we have known and loved.
Earlier this year I attended Ben Sasso’s Heck Yeah Photo Camp located in Joshua Tree, CA. I had never been to Southern California, much less explored it’s incredible coast. For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to look down the coastline of Big Sur or see the Sequoias. After some super last minute travel planning, I found myself with 3 photographer partners for an amazing adventure. We decided we would start at sunrise in Joshua Tree, head south to Salvation Mountain and the Imperial Sand Dunes and then begin our trip north where we would end a week later in San Francisco.