contest time!! seeking your most creative bride poses
After the launch of Design Aglow's highly successful Inspire Me Cards: A Posing Guide For Wedding Parties guide our readers are ready for more. Many of you have written us and requested a guide completely devoted to creative poses and session ideas for brides, and we are more than happy to deliver. In addition to our own stock of beautiful bride poses, we are looking for input from our lovely Design Aglow readers. Your images will help us deliver what we wish to be the most unforgettable and inspirational bank of bridal posing ideas yet.
What We Need:
We are looking for extremely creative, outside-the-box posing ideas to include in this new guide, which is made exclusively for professional photographers to inspire them at future weddings and bridal sessions. So scour your archives, find your best work, and show us what you got! The following are the types of images we need most to make this guide the best it can be:
• Close-ups, mid-length, and full-length photos that showcase creativity in either the pose itself or the way the subject interacts with her surroundings;
• Images that utilize the bride's accessories, such as ring, bouquet, veil, shoes, garter, etc. in an interesting way that adds drama to the shot. The bride does not necessarily have to be pictured in these shots;
• New takes on classic posing ideas. The more unique, the better;
• Images that incorporate cropping, depth-of-field, or framing in interesting ways, or that use different lenses creatively to produce an unforgettable effect in the final portrait;
• The bride must be alone. Please no grooms, flower girls, wedding party, etc.
What You'll Win:
If your work is chosen to be published in our new guide you will receive a $50 Design Aglow store credit (for each photo we feature) and a free copy of the final guide to get yourself inspired too!
Please read these rules carefully before entering your images:
• You must have created each photo that you enter personally, hold the legal copyright, and have a valid model release for each client that appears in the photos you enter.
• You must complete all information on the contest's entry page to be eligible to win.
• Your images must be a minimum of 5x7 @ 300dpi, please no web-sized images.
Enter here before May 23, 2011 at Midnight EST. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entry!
*Special thanks to Tinywater Photography for the lovely sample images.
One of the great things about running your own business is that, in theory, us business owners get to “call the shots”. We make all the decisions big and small, such as whether we run our business full or part-time, how and why we set our price points, the products we offer, our ideal clients, the list goes on.
As a photographer based in Charleston, SC, summer is my busiest time of the year. So instead of vacationing elsewhere, I like to escape in my own city for a few days at a time. Given that Charleston won the 2016 “World’s Best City” award by Travel & Leisure, after being a top city for the past four years, there’s plenty to see and do and see as a guest in my own city!
Maybe you’re looking for that perfect gift to give the creative in your life or maybe you’re just trying to #treatyourself. No matter who you might be shopping for, delight your giftee with something from our 2016 Holiday Gift Guide.