Hello and welcome to our "Beautiful Mats" tutorial. Your templates can be customized in any way imaginable.Â You can change nearly everything about them including the fonts, colors, image placement, borders, and so on.Â Here's a little info on how to customize a few key things:
Adding images is quite simple.Â The easiest way is to use clipping masks.Â Simply follow these steps:
1. Open the template (.psd file) you would like to insert your images into with Photoshop.
2. Select the layer you would like to place your image into in your LAYERS palette, it will be called “IMAGE LAYER”.
3. Open the image you would like to place here into Photoshop. FILE ->OPEN from the top menu in Photoshop.
4. Select the MOVE tool (Keyboard shortcut “V”) from your TOOLS palette.
5. Drag the image onto the collage template. It should now appear directly above “IMAGE LAYER”³ in your LAYERS palette.
6. Now, choose LAYER -> MAKE CLIPPING MASK from the top menu in Photoshop. This will insure that your image will only appear in the frame which you intended. You can also select the “create clipping mask” option from the top right arrow of your layers palette. (Keyboard shortcut "COMMAND+OPTION+G".)
7. If your image does not completely fill the frame, or is too large in the frame, you will need to resize it. To do this, choose EDIT->FREE TRANSFORM->SCALE from the top menu in Photoshop (Keyboard shortcut “Control+T” or “Apple+T” on a Mac).
8. Hold down the Shift key while dragging out (or in) the handles that appear on the edges of your photograph.
9. When you are happy with your photo's position, press “Enter”.
Repeat this step for any subsequent image layers.
These designs are in the form of shapes, which are vector layers. Not only does this enable you to print the designs at any size with quality loss, this also makes it very easy to change the color on the fly.Â Here's how:
1.Â Choose the graphic that you would like to change in the Layers palette.
2.Â Now, double-click the small box of color next to the name of the layer.
3.Â Choose the new color when the dialog box appears.
4.Â Click “OK”.
We cannot include fonts in our downloads, as fonts are protected under copyright.Â In order to keep the look of your materials the same as the original template, you will have to have the fonts we used installed on your computer.Â If you do not have the fonts we have used, a quick Google search should turn up a resource in no time.
The font used for this set is:
To change the wording on your templates do the following:
1.Â Select the Text Tool from your tools palette (keyboard shortcut “T”)
2.Â Click on the line of text that you would like to change.
3.Â Highlight the text by dragging the tool across it.
4.Â Type to your heart's content.
*NOTE ”“ For your convenience we have included a bonus folder called “DESIGN_AGLOW_UNGROUP_LAYERS_ACTION_PSE”.Â This folder contains actions to ungroup the layers and make them editable if you are using Photoshop Elements 6 or newer.Â Click here to learn how to add and run actions in PSE.
The iPhone camera is an incredibly powerful tool. After learning a few basics, you can start practicing your own skills with what I like to call a “creative exercise régime.” First of all, l always hold my phone horizontally with two hands. I form a "C" with my left thumb and forefinger and tuck the phone into it so it rests on my hand with my middle finger holding it up along the back. Then with my right hand I form a similar backwards C with the phone against the palm of my hand and use my right thumb to take the picture. By having a steady hold on the phone, I eliminate shake. The result is a sharper image.
This past March, my family and I took a road trip from Marietta, Georgia to Charleston, South Carolina. The trip fell during the first few days of spring, and we all dreamed of warmer weather and a nice change of scenery! Our trip started on a Friday and ended the following Monday, but despite it’s brevity, it was an amazing experience!
If you run a photography business, you may feel like you spend 10% of your time actually creating images and the other 90% juggling endless administrative tasks. And when you’re focused on taking care of your clients, taking care of your business can get pushed to the back burner. But…that needs to stop. Organization isn’t a luxury. A streamlined studio gives you a solid foundation on which to build a successful business. So go ahead and make those brass tacks a priority. Here are the ducks you should get in a row, like, yesterday.