Hello and welcome to our "Beautiful Mats" tutorial. Your templates can be customized in any way imaginable.Â You can change nearly everything about them including the fonts, colors, image placement, borders, and so on.Â Here's a little info on how to customize a few key things:
Adding images is quite simple.Â The easiest way is to use clipping masks.Â Simply follow these steps:
1. Open the template (.psd file) you would like to insert your images into with Photoshop.
2. Select the layer you would like to place your image into in your LAYERS palette, it will be called “IMAGE LAYER”.
3. Open the image you would like to place here into Photoshop. FILE ->OPEN from the top menu in Photoshop.
4. Select the MOVE tool (Keyboard shortcut “V”) from your TOOLS palette.
5. Drag the image onto the collage template. It should now appear directly above “IMAGE LAYER”³ in your LAYERS palette.
6. Now, choose LAYER -> MAKE CLIPPING MASK from the top menu in Photoshop. This will insure that your image will only appear in the frame which you intended. You can also select the “create clipping mask” option from the top right arrow of your layers palette. (Keyboard shortcut "COMMAND+OPTION+G".)
7. If your image does not completely fill the frame, or is too large in the frame, you will need to resize it. To do this, choose EDIT->FREE TRANSFORM->SCALE from the top menu in Photoshop (Keyboard shortcut “Control+T” or “Apple+T” on a Mac).
8. Hold down the Shift key while dragging out (or in) the handles that appear on the edges of your photograph.
9. When you are happy with your photo's position, press “Enter”.
Repeat this step for any subsequent image layers.
These designs are in the form of shapes, which are vector layers. Not only does this enable you to print the designs at any size with quality loss, this also makes it very easy to change the color on the fly.Â Here's how:
1.Â Choose the graphic that you would like to change in the Layers palette.
2.Â Now, double-click the small box of color next to the name of the layer.
3.Â Choose the new color when the dialog box appears.
4.Â Click “OK”.
We cannot include fonts in our downloads, as fonts are protected under copyright.Â In order to keep the look of your materials the same as the original template, you will have to have the fonts we used installed on your computer.Â If you do not have the fonts we have used, a quick Google search should turn up a resource in no time.
The font used for this set is:
To change the wording on your templates do the following:
1.Â Select the Text Tool from your tools palette (keyboard shortcut “T”)
2.Â Click on the line of text that you would like to change.
3.Â Highlight the text by dragging the tool across it.
4.Â Type to your heart's content.
*NOTE ”“ For your convenience we have included a bonus folder called “DESIGN_AGLOW_UNGROUP_LAYERS_ACTION_PSE”.Â This folder contains actions to ungroup the layers and make them editable if you are using Photoshop Elements 6 or newer.Â Click here to learn how to add and run actions in PSE.
Maybe you’re looking for that perfect gift to give the creative in your life or maybe you’re just trying to #treatyourself. No matter who you might be shopping for, delight your giftee with something from our 2016 Holiday Gift Guide.
There are the obvious benefits to being your own boss. You control your own schedule. You decide what direction you want your business to go in. You deal with your clients directly. The business is 100% YOU. Then there are the not so obvious obstacles to being your own boss. You control your own schedule. You decide what direction you want your business to go in. You deal with your clients directly. The business is 100% YOU! Everything is on your shoulders. You must have self-discipline to get things done on your own time, all while wearing 100 different hats. I am my own editor, creative director, location scouter, accountant, marketing material designer, client care and customer support team, the photographer, and so much more!
The holidays are upon us, and to celebrate, we’re hosting an incredible giveaway, where 5 lucky winners will receive $100 shopping sprees towards any Templates & Resources in the Design Aglow Shop. The only thing sweeter than that are those scrumptious holiday cookies we know you have baking in the oven right now (p.s. when can we come over?!).