Since we know you have to show it if you want to sell it, Design Aglow offers our very own ready to use Studio Look Book. Professionally written and graphically designed, our fully customizable template is divided into categories to help sell all your fabulous studio offerings, from everything from albums to wall galleries, specialty items, high resolution negatives and more.
Don’t just take our word for it! Austyn of Austyn Elizabeth Photography shares, “We recently have done a makeover on a lot of our products and the visual aspect of the business, including the use of Design Aglow’s Frame Shop and the Modern Minimalist™ Collection. We were scheduled for two bridal shows this spring; one of them was this past weekend. When browsing through Instagram I saw a preview of the Minimalist Look Book and was ecstatic – it would complete everything about the booth, but also what I want clients to see without the help of a physical studio. I purchased the product and started filling in all the photos, pricing and other informational aspects of what we offer clients. It was so simple and so easy. The next morning I uploaded the files to ProDPI. Two days later it arrived on my doorstep and was perfect. I had a hundred brides view the book this weekend at the bridal show. While we had several of our products available to view at our booth, offering the Look Book to view more options was so wonderful.
I don’t have a studio space I work out of and needed a way to show off products to potential and current clients without having them be viewed within a studio. The Look Book is an amazing tool in fulfilling this goal. It’s the beautiful Modern Minimalist™ style that resonates with our current look and is lovely to view. It gave wonderful descriptions of products we offer our brides and was customizable if something needed to be altered. It is one more thing that separates my photography business from the next and brides love it!”
Thanks for sharing, Austyn!
Have you created anything lately from Design Aglow products? Feel free to send us images here. If we feature it on the blog you’ll get a $75 shopping spree at Design Aglow!
Organized chaos is one thing, but that jumble of sticky notes you have cluttering your desk, computer, kids, cat…? Completely different story. Let us organize your hectic schedule and allow your creative genius to really shine with our beautifully minimalistic and completely customizable Big Picture Wall Calendar Template.
This template is incredibly versatile, so how you choose stay organized is up to you. Fill in your own dates and events (we like using color coordinated sticky notes). The template will arrive as a 40”x40” fully customizable vector file, along with a stunning and in-depth tutorial to help you along the way. With three backgrounds to choose from (or just use your own photo!), the layout options are endless. How you decide to print your new Big Picture Wall Calendar is also up to you: it translates beautifully as a metal print or fabric cling — or just throw it in frame and use dry erase markers over the glass. We’ve even hung up a few in our studio, as 40”x40” reusable wall clings. The calendars are almost completely transparent, so our white walls show through for a clean, beautiful finish.
We’re visual people, and so are you. Sure, your phone’s calendar app works great, but nothing beats an old fashioned calendar hanging on the wall. Prepare to be amazed by all the desk space you forgot you had.
Hello. We’re Design Aglow, a little company with giant ideas. Since 2006, we’ve been the industry leader for design resource and educational products for the success of professional portrait and wedding photographers. Our team has created 300+ products that help photographers shine, and we’re beginning a long-term growth cycle that includes two internationally published books in partnership with Random House and online wholesale frame and paper shops to serve our North American market. Innovation is a team constant, and we’re always seeking (and developing!) the industry’s next big thing. At Design Aglow, the entrepreneurial and artistic spirits coexist, with one always pushing the other to new heights.
But our reach goes way beyond just a company that creates great design for photographers. Within the industry, we’re known as businessmakers, dream engineers, and cheerleaders. For our community of over 25,000 photographers, we’re always ready with a wise word, a kind thought, or a gesture of (gentle) tough love. Our success revolves around a collaborative environment, the happy flow of minds working together on projects that make a difference in photographers’ lives. As a Design Aglow Graphic Designer, you would be an integral part of this team, largely responsible for Design Aglow’s creative direction. It’s a big responsibility, but we think you’re up to the task. Want to hear the rest of the job description?
Our Graphic Designers are responsible for the art direction and design of all new Design Aglow products and company branding, including web design and print design. Design and layout of many of the Design Aglow products will be handled by the Graphic Designer. For projects outsourced to freelancers, our designers are responsible for providing the initial creative brief and creative direction, as well as overseeing the design process from beginning to end.
The Graphic Designer will be working in a creative environment with our team of writers, marketing managers, strategists, and business developers. We are searching for people who are passionate about design and able to lead a team in art direction that creatively fulfills the needs of the Design Aglow products and business.
The Graphic Designer must be self-motivated, capable of taking an idea for the product from the creative team and giving it a unique design style and layout without much creative direction. The Graphic Designer must stay well-researched and up-to-date on current trends in art and design. The work must reflect a modern style, as well stay true to the Design Aglow track record of setting the trends in the design industry for photographers.
• Designing and laying out Design Aglow products, including Marketing Sets, Welcome Packets, Card Sets, Album Designs, Educational Guides and much more.
• Creating and constantly designing a consistent look across all Design Aglow branding and marketing materials, online and offline.
• Assisting in the styling of photo shoots when necessary.
• Choosing packaging to correspond with new Design Aglow products.
• Developing design concepts for new products, and ideas for freelance projects.
• Serving as the design contact for various Design Aglow partners.
• Managing and commissioning freelancers for work on design and layout projects.
• Writing a creative brief for each new freelance project, complete with full direction and inspiration for the desired look required.
• Keeping an open line of communication with outside designers throughout the project period, including giving constructive criticism until the desired look is achieved.
• Keeping track of and reaching deadlines on all internal and outside design projects.
• Requesting and receiving invoices, as well as all the proper documentation for each new freelancer hired.
• Seeking out additional talent and reviewing designers’ submitted resumes and portfolios.
Required Qualities and Characteristics:
• Degree in graphic design with strong design portfolio.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Final Cut are a plus.
• Because of the nature of the template industry, we prefer to create all of our graphic elements in house or use original artwork created by our freelancers, so the ability to illustrate professional vector elements for use in the designs is a must.
• A thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing.
• A solid understanding of designing for the web and for print.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently with an eye for detail.
• Ability to take criticism constructively and be willing to change a concept quickly if a design needs a new direction.
• Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced team environment, with a high level of creativity and entrepreneurship.
• At least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in web design a plus.
This position is in Southeast Portland and applicant must be local. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Today we take a peek inside the studio of Kelli Dease Photography:
In what kind of space is your studio located?
How long have you been there?
What makes your studio special?
My studio is located inside a renovated factory building in historic downtown Collinsville in Connecticut. The landmark building once housed an ax factory, but has since been converted into small offices and artists studios. Many of the original features of the building, including the freight elevator that carries clients up to my studio, are still in use, making for an eclectic and unique space!
How has it helped your business?
Your studio should reflect your brand. My space is modern yet classic, with a soft, feminine feel. It is also very quiet and private, which is essential when working with newborns.
What products do you sell the most?
Digital files, prints, albums, canvases, storyboards and image boxes.
Do you use Design Aglow products in your studio? If so, which product(s), and how have they helped your sales?
I use Finishing Touch Borders in all of my albums and am about to launch a new line of birth announcements, but haven’t decided which template set I’d like to use yet!
Do you have a great space you would like to share with our community? We would love to hear from you and possibly peek into your world. Simply visit this link and we will guide you through the quick submission process.